Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Rozman

Shooting

Rozman    0
Rozman

There was a post started about the tragic "accidental" shooting of a 60 year old gentleman near Elbow Lake. It seems to have been slowed down by a moderator or whom ever. I totally understand, but I have to say Wallygals post really changed the tone of the posts. I am all about nixing a witch hunt, but the fact is someone died when it 100% could of been avoided. For those that don't want people to jump to conclusions, etc. What if it was your Son, Dad, friend or other loved one that was killed? You don't flipping pull the trigger, ever, if there is even a flicker of doubt in your mind where your hunting partners are. It was a accident, but most definetly one that could of been avoided. Prayers go out to the family of all involved.

Surface Tension    265
Surface Tension

Rozman, "someone died when it 100% could of been avoided."

Don't you think that this youngster is playing that over and over an over in his mind right now at this very second. I can tell you he is wishing that he could take back that bullet. If I could I'd take on the roll of consoling this kid right now I would.

To use this as a learning experience now is not the right time.

I have a youngster that is getting into shooting and hunting. I don't want him to hurt himself or anyone else.

I've been vigilant on his firearm safety.

If I use any incidents as a learning experience its between him an I. I won't publicly use any tragedy to do that for anyone on a forum. Not when it it puts more suffering to those families involved.