Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tommyk

11/3 & 11/4 Report

4 posts in this topic

Saturday the saugers were still pounding crankbaits with a few walleye mixed in. The saugers generally being bigger than the eyes. Switched it up a little jigging some 3" Gulp! Minnows while slowly moving with the trolling motor. Caught mostly whities on top of the breaks while the saugers and eyes would take it as soon as I would move over the drop. Key depth was 15-18 ft. The average size was smaller this weekend but did get a nice 20" sauger.

20" sauger trolling cranks...

DSC01687.jpg

Sunday was bonus couple hour outing with the wife. I decided to go with the Gulp! Minnows and Minnow Grubs since that would produce the most action to keep the wifes mind on the fish and off the cold as the sun started to go down. In about an hour and a half we got 16 whities a sauger and a walleye.

Doubles...

DSC01696.jpg

Her fifth of the afternoon and the biggie of the day...

DSC01698.jpg

A nice little eye to end on...

DSC01699.jpg

whew... at least you didn't give away your location...

Nah, I figured I would let a picture give it away rather than words.

Great report. Gulp minnows huh, I have a whole bag full of them, might just give them a try. I know where you were fishing now grin.gif Good luck yalls

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• eyeguy 54
      what model ryobi?  lots of them  
    • JerkinLips
      Based on Cliff's water temp of 38°F, I'm not too sure about Dec. 3-5.  Think it will be more like Dec. 7-9.  I have ice fever and I need a cure.  Last year's first ice PB of 29", 8½# shown below would definitely cure that, but it may not be until Dec. 15-16 now.  
    • kunzi26
      Hey all,   I'm sure everyone has heard, but we're finally getting some nice freezing weather heading in from up north (https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/56303:4:US). Early next week nightly lows will be sub 10's. So with ice season quickly approaching, I'd like to know what everyone usually does getting prepared to walk on water. As a newbie to ice fishing (only done it the last two seasons), I'm curious to see how everyone preps their gear and what other things you all do before going out on the ice. I finally got my hands on a nice flasher and power auger to add to the rest of my gear, any suggestions for nifty equipment to help make things easier?    This is open for any discussion on any ice fishing tips for newer fishers! Please feel free to ask questions or discuss your prep process for the season. Let's all hope for this forecast to follow through and get some good ice out there.    -JK
    • Hoey
      Forecast temperature-wise looks favorable for ice mid- to late-next week, but it does not look like the winds are going to cooperate.  
    • fishersofmen
      Would be nice to get some ice that's for sure. No doubt these forums have gone cold. 5-6 years ago there would be dozens of posts daily just on this thread. Maybe the newness of these forums has wore off or because everything has been hashed over a couple hundred times I don't know. I'm ready for some ice fishing I know that.