Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shack

CK, What Did You Get This Weekend?

30 posts in this topic

How was deer hunting?

Nothing although I did get a new friend into a nice lil buck.

It was a fun weekend and I'm looking forward to this next weekend.

I usually score the second or 3 rd weekend.

No big deal.Just burning time to get out 1st ice!!!!

We had a nice dinner of tenderloins and backstaps on Sunday evening.

I'll be hunting Sat-Mon this week.

I've not seen much for rubs or scrapes,hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm???

I'm thinking the rut should get those deer moving more as it sets in.

I did not here the numbers of shots like normal albeit the 1 stop in Paly had as much or more registered after the 1st weekend.

Once the locals push those deer off of the fields and back into the junk I'll be better off.

How'd you do SB?

All about the same as you posted. I might get out this afternoon on some public land near my house, will not be back in my stand untill Friday. I figure I would let my smells die off from last weekend.

Good luck this weekend.

Good hunting Shack!

Hey eating apples works to kill your breath and the core works for a great butt plug.hehehehehehehehe wink.gif

I thought that you would have one down already. We seen a lot of small pikes and forks and a ton of does and fawns. I can only party hunt this year so I will not shoot at anything that is smaller than an Eight. (Camp Rules ya know) The father in-law shot a nice eight and yep a eight took a dive for me too. We let the kids shoot the doe and fawn population but if a big buck walks out for them they have at it. I had the my two girls in the stand with me all weekend.

Did anybody here what the excitement on Portage lake was on Sunday? The rescue squad and a whole bunch of emergency vehicles were there. I didn't see anything about a hunter being shot, so was just wondering.

I heard about a hunter falling out of his stand this weekend. Maybe that's what they were responding to.

Thanks...Should be in the Age on Weds. nite.

I sat 16 hours with not a deer to be seen.

Hopefully this weekend will be better.

We have been making ice though and the bucks I've been seeing that have been shot have thick necks,so the rut is on.

I have not heard any scuttle on any accident.

We'll see what the paper has today.

Quote:

I sat 16 hours with not a deer to be seen.

Hopefully this weekend will be better.

Whew... And I thought it was just me! We hunt up Co Rd 14 towards the park and six of us, all weekend and we saw nothing, not even a doe. My personal opinion is that the rut is just getting started. Far less scrapes and rubs than we usually see. I'll be back out there tomorrow morning until Monday.

I think my nephews are starting to doubt some of the stories my brothers and I tell about the deer........ wink.gif

I heard a ton of shooting around me on opener. Had a couple pass by but couldn't get shots off. It was crowded up there and I hope that it will be less crowded this weekend. There sure were a lot of deer out in the fields till 9 or 10 am in the mornings. Of course on private land. I also saw a few deer between there and my place on Wauk on the way home Saturday night. Right spot at right time is the key I guess.

There are a bunch of single does running around and that too me would be a sign of being pushed by bucks.

There has been a few that I've seen that have swollen necks,so I do believe the rut is now in full swing.

A buddy was up by Balsam and drilled a couple deer.

I think it was a deer hit by car thing.

I'm thinking the car rolled.

Thanks...there are some (Contact Us Please) on that road that like to move fast....I have seen several fish-tailings. During deer season on that windy stretch, anything can happen. The Age on-line didn't have anything today.

3 deer all weekend for 6 of us, and all out of shooting range.

I took some pictures of the girls on opening weekend.

DSC00009.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

Got the girls out too!

So how many deer can you stack up anyway?

Solo,

Nice pictures! They seem like they are having alot of fun.

Good luck!

My old man has a 40 acre chunk behind Fisherman's Bay. Usually we can only find fork horns. This year this 6 pointer walked with in 30 yard of my stand. I got him after being in my stand for about 3 minutes. I could not believe he was there after I made all that noise getting into my stand. Unfortunately out of the three of us hunting this was the only one taken. So it looks like this weekend is " If it is brown it's down" weekend. Too bad my buddy didn't tell me his toung was hanginh out. LOL

fall00001xl7.jpg

Nice deer Reef!!!

Big body for a six. What did it weigh?

Reef,

Nice deer! I think he thought you where a doe. I hope for that kind of action when I get to my stand.

That's some great country there on the west side of BSL.

Nice buck you got there Reef!

Thanks everyone. Really not suer how much he weighed. I had no way of weighing it. Yea it is a great area to hunt. We have spent alot of time gitting the stands in the right places over the years. Unfortunately like I said before, we haven't seen anything over an 8 pointer in the 15 years we have been hunting it. The 8 pointer was not much bigger than my 6. Hopefully the hunting will still be good in the years to come but we have had a few houses go up near out land.

Well CK, did you or anyone else score this weekend?

the 3 of us did not see a deer.