• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St. Croix Landings? Help!

wooduck26

Is there an online map that shows the public landings for the St. Croix? I cannnot find one anywhere? any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Dave

The only one that i know of in the area from Stillwater to Prescott is just north of Stillwater right off hwy 95.Everything else in that section is a paylaunch.

Depends on the craft. If you have a smaller boat then there are a couple landings north of Stillwater. One just north of town by boomsite, one up the road in marine and the next one just off of 95 south of Taylors falls. Get a county plat map and check out the maps or I believe the fishing hotspots map has them located. If you are looking to launch a bigger boat say 18 or better then I'd stick to the marinas and pay ramps as they have better landing areas and typically deeper water. Most of the marinas up and down the river have pay launches. The boathouse in Bayport is decent, Beanies has nice facilities as well as some of the state parks along the river. Hope this helps.

Tunrevir~

You can also drive accross into St. Croix Falls and head north through town a couple miles to Lyons Park. There is a boat landing and parking there.

Another option is to buy one of those map books from the Sportsmans. The one for the "EAST METRO AREA: has the St. Croix in it and it lists all the boat landings from Taylors Falls on down. You might contact the various counties along the St. Croix north of Taylors Falls/St. Croix Falls and ask for a map showing the county parks and boat landings. Talk to the Parks deparatmens in whatever and whatever counties they would be. Good Luck! Tight Lines!

Wooduck,

As my FM tag-name implies I am from Oakdale too. I launched out of Beanies Sunday, which is just south of the Interstate 94 river bridge. It is only $5.00 to launch this time of year. You just put a five dollar bill in the envelope and put it through the door slot. Very nice launch, and even better yet good people.

I think most of the typically pay launches give a break to the fall holdouts. The Windmill in Afton has allowed me to launch without charge the past two weeks.

The two most used launches are the Boomsite north of Stillwater and the Bluffs regional park north of Hastings (requires county pass or fee.)

LB