• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2007 Gun Deer Pics

Tippman

Unichjesse, I hunt the houston area and I shot a buck last year that looks that guys brother. Similar tine length and the turn inwards at the tips.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tippman

• picksbigwagon

• bassNspear

• DeanoB

Here is my 7 pointer from area 343. Unfortunately we didn't have the camera in the field with us and it was going straight to butcher, so this is the best picture I have. This is also a personal best for me, after shooting 19 deer in my life (only the second with antlers).

buck.jpg

This is the whitetailed mule deer that i shot. Scored it a 136 7/8. He has split G2's and crab claws.

th_n507103691_235604_7879.jpg

People are sure posting some big bucks on here. Congrats to all. I took a 11 ptr Fri night. Had decided to let him pass but then had a change of heart. Will post pics Mon.

I will post my uncles pictures as soon as I get the film developed. 11-pointer...22 inch inside, 5 inch brows, 12 inch G2's. Absolute monster!

I know its not very big but my father walked ahead of me while I pushed this deer to him, it was just a very fun hunt. he shot a doe about 45 minutes afterwards too.

deerhunting07012.jpg

My 2007 buck, only one in 7 years, passed a lot of small bucks, below 150 inches to harvest this 164&1/8 inch b&c buck [image]http://11-04-07_09041.jpg[/image]

cousin corey with his 2007 buck, 22.5 inside spread should gross around 180 B&C points [image]DSCN0890.jpg[/image]

Great bucks guys! Just wondering though, just because those bucks so unusually big for most of MN, where did you get them? Were you patterning these bucks, or was it just luck? Pretty amazing to see two bucks of that caliber killed by one family. I have personally never seen a buck that big in the wild, so I am just curious as to how you went about getting on those?

Congrats on those bucks! He had mentioned passing up all bucks under 150" for seven years I think. That has a lot to do with it. Hard to shoot a big buck like those if you shoot the little guys first. I'm sure there is more to their success than that but that's a big part of what I believe in.

That's what I was gonna say. I'm sure their hunting party is managing the land. It does make a difference. True fisherking?

Actually our group of 10 buddies that hunt together some but mostly apart have so far taken four over 150 inches this season. There is a lot of luck involved, but that the percent of luck is increased by letting the bucks mature. I passed on mine the last 2 seasons at 130-150 inches and was lucky to harvest him this year. Cory's was seen on trail cam, not noted in previous years. Far as I'm concerned we have the potential in mn to raise lots of big deer, and the only thing we are missing is age. If you want to shoot a big buck, the buck of a lifetime, you can't settle for a little one. I know they travel and the neighbors will shoot em and all the scenarios, but If I shoot a small buck, that's it for him. He will not get any bigger. If I pass on him and he is in the small percent that the neighbors don't kill, he can get bigger, and bigger and bigger. Note these are 4.5 -5.5 year old deer. It only takes a few years to see the results. Any buck in Mn given a few years will be a trophy. Bottom line shoot the little ones and you decrease your opportunity at a buck of a lifetime.

Holy Browtines Batman!!

What a beauty of a buck Fisherking. Well worth the hard work and patience!

Nice buck there too, Fishhwak... How many points on the left side??

Shot this guy tonight with about 45 minutes of Shooting time left. First buck i have seen all year so i decided it was time.

He looks to have been a tough guy. 3 antlers broke off. THe little kicker is pretty cool. He weighed 135 lbs. Man does your heart race when you have to watch them work towards you for 10 minutes.

I watched him walk out of the can grass about 300 yrds away and work his way to 20 yards under my stand. He was heading to thick stuff so i shot him below me. Hit his spine and lungs and dropped dead. Not a bad way to end the gun season. And with all of the time i had in the stand i figured out this was my 20th deer ive shot.

DSC00844.jpg

Here is my 10 pointer shot opener. Not my biggest but a nice deer for our area. Not fun being back at work today after a week off hunting/fishing...

10pointer.jpg

Not the biggest or my biggest, but the nicest deer I have seen while on stand in the North woods and I have never shot a 10-pointer before.

exlaroption116zr8.jpg

I let this buck walk to within 20 yrds of me after deciding I was going to pass on him. While watching him I began to think about how disappointed my other dear would be (long story). Well at 70 yrds I had a change of heart and took him. It was really nice to spend the rest of the weekend with her though. First 11ptr.

DSC00596.jpg

DSC00614.jpg

Wow - some awesome deer comin in! The main beams on that 180 are incredible! Not to mention the brows on the 164... Nothin gets me goin more than big brow tines - awesome! I like when there's some history behind a buck as well... Congratulations gentleman.

This is my son's first deer. I have to say, it is one of the proudest moments of my life. He's a real good kid.

Craig

Brandonbuck2.jpg

OK I did not shoot these deer but they are some that I took pics of this summer in Ohio. Sorry they are not real good quality, I'll work on that.

1992500626_8e34ec5adb.jpg1992500604_3b26288d1f.jpg1992500694_26dc7be9ab.jpg

Thanks Bass N Spear, I thought it turned out pretty well. There are some great deer being shared here, keep 'em coming.