Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
walleyes4me

sleeper houses for this winter

11 posts in this topic

Anyone know of anybody that rents sleeper houses in the area? Any info would be helpful. Thanks

stop in at Oar's 'N Mine in Crosby and talk to Jessie Williams. he rents sleepers in the area, tell him Bobb-o sent you

Thanks, I will get in touch with him. I appreciate the help.

walleyes4me,

Where are you planning on fishing out of? That would also help.....

I guess we aren't really sure about where we want to fish, but Gull, Round or maybe Pelican would be ok I guess. I was just more curious if there were any people around that rented sleeper houses. I usually plan a trip for the 2nd week in January for myself and 3 other guys. We have gone to Red, Mille Lacs, Cass, Lake of the Woods, etc. in the past and would like to try something different. The kind of fish isn't important to us. We like catching crappies, walleyes, Northerns, Perch, whatever. We rarely keep any fish, maybe a meal. It is just fun getting together on the ice with some old friends.

Hi walleyes, Give us call at the bait shop. A couple of our fishing guides rent out some fish houses. We can put you in contact with them. They offer a great service and I know they work hard to keep folks on top of the best bite going. Our number is 218-963-2401.

Jason Erlandson

Hi,

WalleyeDan also rents them, look him up at www.walleyedan.com

I know this is a late post, but I have been away from reading the Forum few weeks and was just reviewing posts. If you wish to catch walleyes at night, in a comfortable house, in an area that has FISH, then you can do no better than WalleyeDan. I fish in my father's house on another lake(not a sleeper) each winter for 2 weeks(every day dawn to dusk) or more on annual trip to Brainerd--just to fish. For 3 years I have always rented Dan's houses when I wanted a sleeper. His service is top notch. He has a real fan in my 11 year old Granddaughter who has a WalleyeDan patch prominently posted in her room in Carson City, Nevada.

Nope, I am not asked to write this--just telling about a good experience!

Hi Wahoo,

Hope all is well in Nevada. Thank you for the good words. We are making ice up here this a.m. (0 degrees at the moment) but the wind howled most of the night so I'm guessing that the big lakes are still fishable with a boat. That is if you can find a ramp, O.K. maybe we should just say it's ice season!

We will be "On the Ice" again this winter. We will have some houses (permanent, portable and most likely a Sno Bear or Sno Fox). Guiding will be the focus this winter and we are looking to reach out a little more and fish the entire area, not just the immediate Gull Lake/Nisswa area. Should be fun and it looks like it's going to fire up sooner than later. The BIG ice fishing show is this weekend in St. Paul, but after that things will start really happening. Hope you are coming up again, if so give us a ring.

Walleyedan

Dan,

I'll be out on the 26th and fish a couple of weeks. I'll give you a call. What about the Vikes!! Will they ever get it together?

Sounds good. I'm not sure about the vikes. Wouldn't it be something if we got to play the Packers again? I don't even know if that is a possibility as far as the playoff road, but if we do get to play them I think we will win!

Talk to you later,

Walleyedan