Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dhenry

Saturday Night

2 posts in this topic

I agree with Minnesota Stuff....a great night to be on the water with the wind calming and it not being too cold. We started out the evening going ok with a few northerns and walleyes including a 27" walleye and then the bite all but died at about 10:00. I think we caught four fish after 10, but ended the night with two fat 26" fish in our last 15 minutes of fishing. We ended the night with 15 fish all caught on HJ Purple perch and Tennessee shad and three on a #10 gold HJ. I think all of our fish were caught at below 1.1 mph and most probably at less than 1.0 mph. Water temp. was 44 and the boat traffic was pretty light.

great report dhenry! i wonder if we passed each other fishing? i think we were going too fast at 1.0 to 1.3. wish i was independently wealthy so i could fish all the time...yeah right, me and everyone else on here...haha. ive got to revert to things i learned when i was a kid, before gps, locators and all the highpower boats, when most people fished from a wooden fishing boat w/a 7-1/2hp or 10 if you were lucky. ive got to see the baits action before i start trolling and adjust speed by sight and feel, instead of trying different speeds by the gps. i havent been doing that, but next time i will. when i was a kid, when i caught a northern i was going too fast. ive caught a northern each trip on the last two.

last night i saw a boat trolling some time perpendicular to shore, and later concentrating tight to shore but a little north of where i was. was that you?

thanks again for your report.

regards,

minnesotatuff