Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tunrevir

They are still out there!

5 posts in this topic

Went up north tonight and took my 7 y.0. and she jigged fish! I was telling her how hard it would be.blah, blah, and she hooked a few fish jigging for herself! We had a great time and caught a couple fish to bring home but I have to say it. If a seven year old can catch fish, then the rest of you can! I had an awsome night! I didn't catch as many fish as my daughter but it was a super experience! Fish fry tomorrow, venison backstraps on the side! Good fishing all!

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

Nice work tunrevir! Good to hear your daughter had a good time.

Thanks, we had a really good time and caught a few fish besides. I know she had a great time as she was begging me to head out on Sunday too, but had to get the work done around the house. I haven't made my annual Mille Lacs forays this fall but hope to get out there yet. My wife is switching jobs and has interviews ect and is studying the process. Hope you all are getting fish. I was just really pumped that my daughter was able to "feel" a jig bite and actually set the hook! She is learning and I spent alot of time just rebaiting, enjoying her company and the night. Good luck one and all, stay safe, and I hope your fall brings you that trophy you are after!

Tunrevir~

Good report Tunrevir,sounds like you have a good little fishergal there,now teach her to enjoy cleaning the fish and you have it made grin.gif.Im hoping to get out this coming weekend and head up a little north of Stillwater.I havent gone fishin in the river part of the river in some time,its always very peaceful up that way.

Yep, If I can get her to clean them then I am really gonna love it! She is already helping me to gut, skin and cut up deer so it won't be to much longer! I have to wait till she starts asking questions about cleaning them. Then I will truly have her hooked! I am hoping to get out once this week yet and then maybe again this weekend. Course if the weather is right I may have to drive up and hit the big pond! Take care and good luck out there. Gotta love the fall!

Tunrevir~ cool.gif