Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Doonbuggy

Private cabin rental available on Rainy?

6 posts in this topic

I'm wondering if there are private cabins (as opposed to a resort) available for rent on Rainy. I'm going off of memory here, but I want to say someone has brought this up in the past.

Our group of six is starting to look for a place to stay next summer; I have posed a broader question under the Open Water forum.

Thanks for any info.

DB

HI D.B.,

IF THE CABIN IS NOT STATE INSPECTED & APPROVED IT IS NOT LEGAL TO RENT IT OUT, SO MOST FOLKS THAT I KNOW OF ARE NO LONGER DOING THAT, IF YOU NEED THE NAME & NUMBER OF ANY RESORT, I'M HAPPY TO GIVE THAT TO YOU.

SINCERELY,

FISHMEISTER

DB,

Fishmeister is correct. The state is really starting to crack down on this and are starting to subject Private rentals to the same codes and standards that commercial endeavors are subjected to.

Are you wanting someplace on the US or Canadian side? Camp Ontario is on the North Arm and you pretty much have a cabin to yourselves. It's basic but good fishin'.

Thanks for the info guys.

Okie - I'll look at Camp Ontario. Thanks for the tip. We're likin' Adrian up here, too!

That boy is amazing isn't he. We knew he was something, but you guys are getting to see his best. Keep him healthy.