• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anybody been out on Waconia???

How the bite on waconia? I was out 2 weeks ago and did ok off the NE side of Cemetary Reef and SE corner of Andersons... Just looking for any new updates!

The report noted that they are biting on mid lake reefs but I never believe the reports.

Anyone have the temps?

went out sat about 5pm and fished until 8pm. caught 2. 1 was about 10" and the other 22". couldn't find them loaded in one particular area. had a couple of other taps but no takers. started with jig/minnow with no luck then caught those two on crawler on the main reef north of the island in 15 fow.

Ya we pulled 2 out of Center Reef - trolling clown rapalas. One was a 18" and the other was a 24", I agree we couldn't fing them in anyone area, I even drove aroung the other reefs and didn't mark any fish on the Lowrance... Maby I will hit MTKA one more time this year - Ice needs to hurry up-lol-

Everyone, their brother and their mother hit the traditional structures on this lake. I almost completely avoid them. I think that these walleyes are well accustomed to what a jig or minnow bait looks like.

I think you'll have better luck if you check out areas outside of the humps or the flats NE of the island and Nelsons, and cruise for them - that is if they haven't moved shallower yet.