• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Gas Prices

uplander

Why do they always seem to raise the price of gas when us sportsmen are going out of town in mass????..... Is it just me? I seem to remember a spike on opening fishing....trucks, boats...they know they got you and you are gonna pay......What's the alternative? Stay home ....yeah right....I just wanted to say I think they try to do it and I think it stinks!!!!!!! that's it... good luck this weekend... be safe...uplander

My buddies and I noticed the same thing. Darnit should've gased up the Truck last night!

Good luck everyone and be safe

Gas prices are terrible. $3 a gallon. No rhyme or reason to spike it up when people head out of town on openers or holiday's. Kind of depressing.

I just did a check on the national gas price's and they seem to be on the rise everywhere. I seriously doubt Minnesota's Deer opener has affected the whole country, lets be realistic. And by the way, no, I don't own a gas station.

My favorite is when it goes from 2.79 to 2.99 and then to 2.89 within the period of about 6 hours...! and then when it 'drops' in price it goes down 2 cents! Lovely isnt it smile.gif

Actually I recall watching one of the in depth investigations that channel 5 or 11 does for its news. They looked into gas prices here in Minnesota and there were a few large Mn supplier or based companies that did raise prices based on demand for weekends like the above mentioned and Memorial, 4th of July and Labor day etc...I think they said whoever supplies SA was the biggest price mover and they set the market and it forces other gas stations in the area to move the price. It is only a few extra cents but they did admit that it is still spikeda bit. I would imagine Deer Opener would be one of them as well. Heck, I guess if you searched the archives on one of the news channel sites you may be able to dig it up. (5 or 11)