• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

KIDS DEER PICTURES HERE

harvey lee

Here you go, lets see the deer that all of our future deer hunters harvest. Good luck to all and please follow policy as far as good, clean photos.

Lets see the happy hunters.

I posted it before but I'll post it again. I think my kid was more excited than I was. He loves bowhunting.

Web54.jpg

Quote:

I posted it before but I'll post it again. I think my kid was more excited than I was. He loves bowhunting.

Web54.jpg

That is awesome!! How old is your kid?? Is there a story to go with it??

Thanks, Congrats to him!! And to you for raising a heck of a hunter! grin.gif

My buck, he's only 7. I just love the smile and him holding the rack. When I got home and told him I had hit a buck, he couldn't get to sleep. My dad and I bought a couple of "buddy" stands just so we can take him out.

The story is a couple of pages back under "Can you say lucky".

Had the two girls in the stand with me all opening weekend. They love to get out with their Dad.

DSC00008.jpg

DSC00009.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

Solocam, thats great, looks like they had a blast, and also like they made the whole day! I have been taking my 8 year old bowhunting all season, but wife and I agreed archery only , no gunhunting 3B, now if I had a stand like yours...

Kids with dad's deer on opening weekend! [image]http://http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/dd201/grandee1/?action=view&current=Shawnsdeer059.jpg[/image]

Not bowhunting or the best of pics but she's proud none the less. My girlfriends sisters first deer at 12 yrs of age. Now she wants to go shoot a bigger one.

DSC00601.jpg

my daughter age 13 & her first deer. (taken last sunday) and my nephew who took this dandy buck with his bow. he's 16.

DSC00951.jpg

taylordaddeer.jpg

100_1854.jpg

Congrats to both on a couple of nice deer. They both look like they are now addicted to deer hunting for many years to come. cool.gif

well the boy has been hooked for years thanks to the teaching of his late father. he actually got that buck with his dad's new bow which he never got a chance to hunt with. shot it from a stand that his father often sat in too. It wasn't shot off my hunting land though guys, we haven't put our eyes on anything quite that nice yet.

my daughter is hooked as well. she gets up in the morning when the guys start stirring in the cabin. She gets dressed for hunting, goes to her stand by herself & sits by herself.

very proud of both of these kids.

The boy pictured above with the trophy buck rifle hunts with us at our deer camp & is great company, he got himself a ... dare I say? Fawn last sat eve, but he didn't care to pose for pictures with that one smile.gif

the kids all did great out at my camp last weekend. my daughter & a friends boy both got there first deer. wish i had pictures of my buddy's boy with his doe/fawn combo. pretty happy little dude there too.

Great deer Northerndave, They all look like they are having a great time. It is good to see that you are picking up were his father left off. Kids need good role models and I think that his father would be proud of both of you.

very nice of you to say. we were best friends, the boy's father & me.

it's easy to know what to do or at least what to try & do when you were as close as we were. He would do the same for me if it were me who had lost his life. He would have done a fine job with my kids if the shoe were on the other foot, I know he would have. I can only hope I can do things as well as he would have.

I miss him terribly, we all do.

but we are living the best we can & doing the things he would have us doing. (the things we love.)

Sounds to me like you had a hunt of a lifetime with the kids and with great success.

Thats what it is all about. We sometimes forget about why we go and key to much on just the kill and maybe need to key on the other side a little more.

My middle son (age 7) and I took our first deer together. We took this doe on the second weekend of rifle hunting. He has been so patient, he started bow hunting with me this Fall and continued rifle hunting with me both weekends! It is just so much fun to have your kids with--I am to the point that I almost pass up shooting deer if one of my boys are not with me. He was so proud and could not wait to share the story with anyone that would listen! It is so fun to pass on the sport to the next generation. Sorry the picture is not the best, we had some in the field, but the camera had dead batteries, so the pictures didn't turn out the best! 2007-2008001.jpg

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Jr was by my side again this year. Next year he gets to hunt.

We've passed on quite a few deer this season, on three occasions we let a 6 pointer walk. Last night we decided that we'll take a doe in the morning if the opportunity presented itself and end our great deer season.

It was a cold morning and a stiff NE wind blew though us but we were down wind where the deer would be coming from. Jr was getting cold and huddled down in the buddy stand. Popping his head up from time to time to scan his designated area for deer. I was getting cold too. I started second guessing if we shouldn't have passed on so many deer during the season and leaving the last weekend to take a deer.

"Stay still and listen" I reminded Jr, at the same time trying to keep his hopes up.

I see that movement 100 yards out, its coming in our direction, that same direction as the deer we passed earlier in the hunt, and up wind. I whisper to Jr "deer" and we both position ourselves for the shot. Its a doe and we watch as she comes in and out of sight, waiting for her to get in a place for the shot. I notice a deer following 100 ft behind her. We've seen this before and had those hopes that a buck was in tow, up till now there hasn't been. The doe is now 200 ft away and in the open, I wait to see whats following her. She turns her head to look behind her at the same time taking the broadside shot and making it quartering toward us, I decide thats far enough. Before the shot opportunity is lost the whole season from start to this point is processed in an instant, the Ruger barks. Two flags go waving. Hmmm, what no full out dead run?

No doubts about that rifle, I know I was dead on when I calmly squeezed off the shot. We high five, gather our stuff and look for the hit. I see disturbed leaves and tore up ground where the doe wheeled around from 30 ft away, "POI" I tell Jr and we head there. I see hair then blood. I put Jr in front and let him follow the trail. I saw the flags part ways after the shot just before they they disappeared through the woods. I knew the doe would be close to that point of departure. It was a fairly easy blood trail as Jr led us to the doe.

2007%20deerhunt.jpg

Congrats Frank! I pictured myself with my dad in the same situation.....getting cold, checking my area every now and again and the high-five when he connected. Thanks for bringing back the memories and good job getting Jr. involved.

We can argue about rules, regulations, seasons, bag limits, scopes on muzzleloaders, and deer populations but THIS is what it's all about. Take your kid hunting and let them shoot their own deer. Life truly is good ...

07Teresadeer.jpg

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Yes great pictures and great smiles.

My camera batteries got cold and wouldn't work. Finally I got them warmed up enough to get a photo. Meanwhile Jr posed for 10 minutes and grew tired, hence the lack luster look.

I can feel what you guys are all talking about. I have been taking my son deer hunting for approx 17 years. He began to archery hunt with me approx 6 years ago and I am so proud of him for the hunter he has turned out to be.

He will do it all right and he has learned to have the patience to wait a whole fall for 1 shot at that buck he dreams of and will let many deer past. This year he harvest 5 deer with his bow and shot a very nice buck also.

Next year we will venture to Montana to the Milk river area and look for the deer of his dreams.

I can say this, if you believe times are good now, they will only get better as the memories will grow and last forever. I hunted with my father for years until he passed and now my son will continue to hunt with me until its time for another.

The harvesting of a deer is great but the times spent with our sons and daughters will leave a greater memory than that buck I once shot as we have done it all together.

I've been quietly watching this thread and haven't chimed in yet. These pics and stories are AWESOME! Just like harvey lee with his son, my dad introduced me to hunting and bowhunting and we built sooooooo many great memories together. My little boy is three years old and my little girl is three months old- I think they're each at a great age and tons of fun right now. However, I can't tell you how excited I am at the idea of taking them hunting in the future! In a few years I'll definitely have pics of us together up on this board! I can't wait...

looking through all these pictures and seeing all the smiles on the kids faces makes me excited to get Connor into hunting. As soon as he's able to walk, with the other half's permission, I'll be bringing him into the woods with me for some scouting and any other reason I can think of the get him into the woods or on the water. I can't wait.

You can wait!! Don't wish his or your years away. They go so fast. From holding the little guy to always doing exactly what you tell them not to, to asking for Gas money to having their own kids.... the years go by fast enough as it is. I hear ya though, on being excited to take him afield!! grin.gif