Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MinnesotaMongo

Somebody hit my Springer's light switch

5 posts in this topic

Some of you know I've been concerned about my 14 week old Springers lack of interest in retrieving. Didn't seem that interested.

I took him out to SandCreek's training session tonight - and they pitched him a clip wing - immediately he went in a crouch, started barking for a while at it - then picked it up and brought it back to me. I tossed it a couple more times - and man, was HE REVVED UP!

After that he was flying around in the field - messing with the other Springers as they came out to train - and generally acting like a Springer is supposed to act.

Amazing - it's like someone flipped a switch in him. Like one of the guys there said "He found out his purpose in life."

Very cool...

grin.gif

Here he is, getting a good whiff and a NEW purpose. LOL

mayn2-1.jpg

He's pretty young yet, be patient!!! Getting him used to your family and routine and some obedience work is all that’s needed at that young age. Patience.

10-4. It was just nice to see him get fired up.

He's in puppy kindergarten - wrestles with the other dog in our house - and gets lots of socialization. His obedience training is on track.

I"m Just happy he knows his purpose in life.

I know most of the guys that train down at Sand Creek and they know their stuff. You will learn a lot if you keep going and doing some training a couple times a month.