Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rodmaker

Anybody been Trolling Cranks on Farm???

12 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone has been trolling Cranks for Eyes on Farm Lake in Ely.

I've been trolling cranks on Burntside for walleye or northern 4 times in the last 2 weeks.

Only one rotten bass, in 49 feet of water. mad.gif

I know they do well on Farm this time of the year. The reef out there is a good spot.

Yea about six weeks ago. Trolling reef runners on the west side of the lake. Various colors with no success. Discovered some interesting fishing spots working that part of the lake which were tried with live bait. The bay south of the boy scout camp had structure next to deep water. Fished that as we were marking fish on the graph. Nice sized perch but no walleye.

Dave

That is another good spot also for trolling Shad raps and Husky Jerks

rodmaker

Maybe trolling Farm lake on a normal year.

Water is very high & water temps are higher than they should be due to the amount of water in the lakes.

Highest water levels I have ever seen in my life. shocked.gif

Kiss many docks goodbye next spring! frown.gif

It sure would be nice if that was the case on Mille lacs.

Have you had success other years???

Not much in the fall.

I only fish Burntside, and everything drops down to 40+feet when the water gets into the mid to upper 50's.

Bass, northern always caught in over 40, never caught a walleye later than September 20th, and that one was in 27 feet. Nice fish though, just shy of 10 lbs.

GO,

Sounds like alot of lakes are hot with the Fall bite right now...Vermillion, Kab/Nam, Rainy to name a few. Duluth area lakes seem to be slow, sounds like Ely lakes are also. How can the fishing be that different? these lakes are not that far apart.

I know the guide who works out of Timbertrail Lodge does well trolling cranks on Farm.

Seems like anywhere there is current, people are doing okay. No whitefish in the currents yet, which chases out the walleye for some reason.

Not much action around here where there isn't any moving water.

You'll most likely never see another year like this in your lifetime (water temps this high this late, water this high in the fall, etc)

Strange year confused.gif

Last few years have been wierd.