Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cobb73

Scopes on Muzzel loaders

7 posts in this topic

I know I can't use a scope on a muzzel loader during the muzzel loader season and from what I understand I can use them during the regular firearm season. Here is my question. Is a red (Contact Us Please) considered a scope if it does not magnify my target. I would like to put one on the smoke pole for the muzzel loader season. Does anybody have a clue as to if this is OK or not?

I once heard that a zero power "scope" is legal for use for those who wear prescription eye glasses.

probably just a bunch of baloney, I dunno.

Its not OK during the muzzleloader season, but you can use a scoped muzzleloader during the regular firearms season. You need special Dr.'s statement and handicap approval to use any scope during the muzzleloader season.

I agree with lawdog - the regs specifically prohibit red (Contact Us Please) sites during ML season

I also agree, I believe the rules state iron sights?

The rules say open or peep sites and that fiber optics are okay. No scopes or reddots, and I'm not sure but I don't think holographic sites are allowed either.

I think the only exception to the Peep sites and fiber optic is if you have a medical condition where focusing on the sites and a distant deer is not possible and is diagnosed by an eye doctor, then you can get a special permit for use of a scope during muzzleload season. I think it has to be a single power scope, not variable.