Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stratosman

Friday???

13 posts in this topic

So who all's heading out on one of the best last days before gun season arrives?

I'm planning on an all dayer myself and if history has showed me anything, then it should be spectacular. Get my butt planted in a funnel and keep my fingers crossed. The big boys should be on the prowl.

That was my original plan as well. But since I shot my buck a couple weeks ago, I don't have a buck tag so I won't be doing it.

I'll have to use some vacation as "family time" this year.

Hey, twas nice to meet you the other night strats!!!

Youbet I will be in a tree friday evening.. work unfortunatly will keep me from an all day trip.. I will be in WI just across the river hoping that all the gun dudes in MN push them my way.. LOL

Yeah likewise DD.....let me know when you head down that way again!

I'll be out on friday after class. Iowa's gun season doesn't start for a little bit though, which is kinda nice.

Hey ArcheryStud, if you need someone to sit in your spot lemme know! grin.gif

After seeing 3 small bucks and a doe 2 evening this week I will be out again tonight and in the morning. Hopefully a bigger buck will show. So far just 2 6 pointers and a 4 pointer. If not I guess I will have to hope this weekend is the ticket.

I'll be out tomorrow evening for sure! I just got back from my honeymoon late last night and have to get some stuff done around the house before I head North, but I'll be on stand by 3:30 (horrible planning and timing on her part when she scheduled during the best hunting time of the year!)

Geez got a call last night while I was taking the little ones trick or treating and its a buddy who had just stuck a real nice 9 point at about 7 yards. Man I had to take mom and the kids over to see the deer (they weren't too happy to stop the trick or treating either). As soon as my court work is done tomorrow, I'm BOLTING to the stand...

Hey Stratosman- I ended up getting the green light for an all dayer on Friday - I think if I see little mr. forky again I will have to take the shot. I shouldn't be too fussy for my first deer with a bow. Tim and I will be at your house at 5 on Sat to go sling some slugs.

Give 'em the sharp stick!

HFD,

I still have to help my dad fill his tag wink.gif.

He has to work on Friday and I have vacay to burn. mad.gif

Oh well, better than last year when I ate my tag, still haven't decided if I like the tag rare or well done grin.gif

Go get em, I took yesterday off and had great success. Hope you guys do too, now is crunch time. Let us know how you did.