Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
icechipper

1997 F150 Cruise Control

9 posts in this topic

Cruise stopped working on my 1997 F150. Checked fuse in fuse panel, checked inline safety fuse that ford installed in recall (with OHM meter) also bypassed and still didn't work. Any suggestions on what to look for or test? Any known problems?

Thanks for your help!

The cruise deactivation switch on the master cyl is the most comon, check horn, brake lights, those are the most comon things. After that power to the servo, servo, and cruise switches. Is the airbag light on?

Nope no air bag light. I did just find some info on the recall (05S28) that ford did, if the switch is leaking (mine is) they were suppose to replace the switch and install the fuse harness. Well I have the old switch still.

That would be covered under the recall, bring it back to the dealer, they will fix it for free!

Stopped at Ford over lunch, they are going to replace the switch today at no cost due to the recall, they said it was the first one that they had with the leaking switch. Thanks for your help.

Quote:

they said it was the first one that they had with the leaking switch

No kidding? Was this the dealer in the town I see your from, if so, I highly doubt that, we replaced a ton of them for leaking! Im not calling them a lier, just highly doubt it!

Yep the one from town. I'm happy though, now I have cruise and the best part is it didn't cost anything to fix!!

4wandering,

I worked at a high volume Ford Dealer during this recall. Every Tom, Dick or Harry came out of the wood work. Never saw one leak. I heard of one leaking and it being replaced, but out of the thousands done, only the jumper harness was replaced.

At first the campaign was to install fuse link and new switch, but they changed it right away to service only if part was failed.

I did see it fix cruise issue some times, but far and few between.

I bet I found 30 myself, not just on f150s, but on alot of the vehicles that werent even covered by the recall. I think I found more on the windstars then on the f150s. They would come in, with no cruise, no brake lights, bad smell of something burning, even found one that started on fire.