Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
USPENAMC

WHERE ARE YOU HEADED for DEER FIREARMS OPENER

USPENAMC

well ill be heading up to rum river SF myself havent had much success the past 2 years but im used to the place.

USPENAMC

then on monday through friday i plan on hitting carlos avery during working hours.

i will also be hitting carlos avery thursday and friday with my bow just before the firearms season opens

skee0025

I lease Potlatch land north of Wadena. Heading out before light on friday.

Black_Bay

Suburban Ray Minnesota.

jbell1981

I will be heading to Herman tomorrow morning.

c&amagn

About 6 miles NE of Pine River. wink.gif

EXTREME

30 miles north of Grand Rapids...in the "sticks"

Jim916

About 15 miles east of Rochester

CNCMike

I own 40 acres almost exactly half way between Crosby and Emily, then about 3 miles down a dirt road, so I will be going there.

trackerbrent

All the way to a little south of Zimmerman on private land. Long 15-20 minute drive for me. Wife likes it though, I come home after the morning hunt and go back for the evening hunt.

swedishpimple

30 Miles north of Bemidji...just off the Rez.

SMILEY

10 miles West of Pine River. It's also my son's 1st time deer hunting - It's also his 9th birthday on Sunday. Glad the weather is going to be decent!

Shack

trackerbrent,

Sounds just like me and I am in same area. I am west of Orrock a couple of miles on private land. I am still tossing up the idea of going to Mille Lacs fishing and hunt the second weekend, but we will see. I feel being this close to Shurburne Nation Wild Life Ref., opening morning is the best chance at a good sized buck. It seems like after the first day, they only move at night.

Shack

USPENAMC,

I have heard that Rum River is a mad house also! I have been told, if you want a good shot at a good sized buck on public land, you have to go above Macgregor area. Unless you deer drive and go into interior. I drove by Rum River on the Third weekend a couple years back and is was still very busy and a lot of blaze orange! I have never hunted it though!

MNmikew

Oglvie area, 157.

Meat-Run

Vergas, MN on relatives private property and farmland.

mr

heiman507

park rapids.... heading out in just under 24 hours! grin.gif

ozzie

marcell-talmoon area....heading up early friday morn!!

Coach1310

15 miles NE of Brainerd....leaving in less than 24 hours!!

cribbageboy

20 miles NE of Grand Rapids. Between Warba and Bovey on Highway 10.

vrodharley77

Denmark Township here in the metro, 4 weekends and with the work schedule LOTS OF HUNTING!!! cool.gif oh and a happy wife because I am home every night

Well only during the week grin.gif

Jameson

Bergan Township, near Lester Prairie. I'll likely be distracted watching roosters as the big buck slips on by. ooo.gif

TrophyEyes

Benson on 340 acres of CRP surrounded by woods, water, corn and beans. Oh yeah, and not a office chair in site, just a wood plank and some clean air. I just hope that 12 point buck sees it the same way.

Double D

SW of Pine River, apparently not too far from Smiley.

DD