Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TrophyEyes

Rut Activity

4 posts in this topic

So I know everyone is excited to get out there, but this question is for those that have already been out there this week. How is the rut activity? Are they starting to chase, responding to grunts, doe bleats and rattling? Are the bucks starting to show up during the day?

Well I saw one of the biggest bucks I've laid eyes on out hunting tonight. He came out of a swamp and a few minutes after disappearing into the hard woods he came crashing back towards me after a doe. She wouldn't have anything to do with him and quickly lost him. He was actually stopped just past 40 yrds out but I couldn't get a shot. I was throwing every doe bleat and grunt at him I could without him even turning his head to look at me, both before and after him finding the doe!

One other thing, he was downwind of me almost the entire time and never picked me up in my scentlok from head to toe. Personally I've had unbelievable success with it.

I don't there are too many receptive does out there right now but the bucks sure are in rut. I saw a 10 pointer the other day and it's neck was swollen like non other I've ever seen. He looked like he had been to war too so they should be looking for rattles and the such. Good luck to all.