• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Bruiser...

Eckie

Here's the entire article from Mossy Oak Perspectives. Apparently this author was napping on the floor in his office at his home.

They could've easily unloaded the animal from the truck for a quick photo shoot. Wouldn't the average person do the same after shooting a buck like this?

Shack was right. Everyone IS entitled to their own opinion, but IMO, a little common sense goes a long way.

FWIW, here's an article from Field & Stream that also confirms my findings.

Again, congratulations Steve.

gUYS i HAVE TO SAY THAT THIS ONE IS REAL!

i HAVE NOT TALKED TO STEVE YET, BUT THE GUY IN THE PHOTO IS STEVE HANSEN

HE IS FROM IA I used to guide in the BWCA with him Have not talked to him in a while but at that time he guided up there along with fall moose in Alaska, then back to IA, IL to run two whitetail camps. then sportshows in the winter then back to Alaska for Brown bears.

He is a hunting nut.

I think this one is for real

The pic... The pic looks doctored. The gun seems out of proportion (too big) The rear end seems to just fade away in the distance...

If you search "Steve Hanson" Buck deer Iowa in google you will find a bunch of pages with pics and the story.

Like I said before guys, I hope it is real, and kudos to this guy for bagging it if it is, but in my opinion, it appears as though it is a fake.

Quote:

Who cares! Its just a big Iowa buck!

It apparently grosses green 212 NT and net 205 Non-Typ. So its not like this thing is any kind of record or even close to it! Just a big, REAL, buck with some nice photos that make it appear as big as it is!

Actually it is VERY close to the world record, ALSO shot by another Hansen.

Check it out if you have never heard/seen of it:

[Note from admin: Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

It scored 213 5/8 B&C.

So they went out of the way and created a fake gun too??? If i ever am fortunate too shoot a world class deer or win a big walleye tourney or something of that matter i hope the pictures dont get on the internet. Cuz someone will call me a cheater without having the first clue about what the real story is. 200" deer exist in IA. Its not out of the question too get a 200" deer in IA. If someone was going too fabricate a rack why would they put so much junk on it? Why wouldnt they make it so it actually broke the world record instead of mass decuctions making the score short? Why would you put huge forks in both G2's making for big deductions? Why would you put a 2" tine and not a big long tine at the end of the deers left side?

Welp, I stand corrected....unbelievable, that rack looks to be 3 feet wide. If my green spot was a leaf, why is it soooo fuzzy.........that is my only "wait a minute" with the pictures. If it is real, I am not surprised, it is just the ginormous size of that rack.

It says in the article that the spread is 23" wide. If thats the case his gun is less than 23" long and his head is 4" wide. It's BS

I don't know it looks real to me, I have heard of this guy before, I don't know why he would stake his reputation with a fake deer. Pics look real, it is all angles, and light that make things look distorted. You can see a ruffed spot of hide in the one pic (exit hole?), but no blood, also a pretty dry looking hide if it was shot in the rain, even if the pic was the next day. Who knows maybe he wiped it down with a towel, I know I couldn't sleep if i just shot that monster and had him in my garage, I would be brushing the hide, and cleaning it up nice for the full body mount and the flurry of paprazi and my new tv show! congrats on the nice buck. smile.gif

His gun is less than 23" long? You can tell that from the picture? Am I smoking something?

Some people are looking at the picture like everything is flat 2 dimensional. Apparently they don't understand depth of field. The picture is very believable and nothing fake about it.

I could take a picture of myself standing real close to the camera with my house in the background, looking at the 2D picture I would be taller than my house - so apparently it's a fake picture then huh? Otherwise that must mean that I'm 20 feet tall.

Quote:

Quote:

Who cares! Its just a big Iowa buck!

It apparently grosses green 212 NT and net 205 Non-Typ. So its not like this thing is any kind of record or even close to it! Just a big, REAL, buck with some nice photos that make it appear as big as it is!

Actually it is VERY close to the world record, ALSO shot by another Hansen.

Check it out if you have never heard/seen of it:

It scored 213 5/8 B&C.

This buck is not close to the world record. The Milo Hanson buck scored 213 5/8 typical. The buck in question here green scores 212 NON-typical. The world record non-typical is the 333 7/8 St. Louis buck. It's a nice buck but no, it's not close to the world record.

( Note from admin,please read forum policu before poosting again,Thank-You)

someone sent me these pics the other day, and it says they're new 2007 iowa record. Are these fake too? 1821275944_91eedefbd1.jpg1821275956_1ed9bf24d2.jpg

Quote:

someone sent me these pics the other day, and it says they're new 2007 iowa record. Are these fake too?
1821275944_91eedefbd1.jpg1821275956_1ed9bf24d2.jpg

I don't remember the whole story behind that buck, but those pictures were circulating last year and the buck was taken on the TimberGhost Ranch in Iowa. Haven't heard what it scored, I guess I could look it up.

Okay, the news I can find on the TimberGhost buck says he scored 223 typical, but the ranch is a fenced preserve, so he's not eligible for the B&C record book.

I don't understand... People are getting quite hostile and even a bit angry it seems over mine, and other peoples opinions here about his deer. Sorry I don't have the same opinion as others....

It appears to be faked to me, but as I said earlier, I hope it is real, and if so, congrats to the shooter.

Here's the rub, I think the whole Man on mars, face on mars deal is fake too. But who knows, some of you may believe it is real evidence of life there. I don't believe that bigfoot is real either, some of you might. You are entitled to your opinion. So am I.

In my eyes, the pictures seem "enhanced" and the story seems shady.

I will no longer express my opinion on this forum as it seems to get people too riled up.

To the few of you who remain objective, thank you for your help, tips, advice, ideas and input. To the rest of you, good bye.

I agree with you CNC, I'll wait until there is a little more evidence and better coverage of this hunt before passing judgement. It takes more than 3 pictures and a quick story for me to take it as gospel. Call me cynical, but there are so many BS stories out there I have become a little jaded to these emails. That's the whole reason the "Snopes" website came to be. If you want to see some amazing fakes, take 10 minutes and look around there. IF it's real, congratulations on a great deer, and let's hope it is from the wild and not from a pen so it can be considered for B&C.

ok check out this link, [Note from admin: Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

I know for a fact this is a real pic i went to college with his brother, this deer only scored 184. So why cant the pictures of this bruser buck be real.

Quote:

Iowa where he spends most of his time helping client hunters connect with the deer of their dreams.

Quote:

When you add up all the sightings and pictures, this buck was a real homebody. He had a very small core area.”

Quote:

Comments are closed.

I figure pics are real and deer is that size!

Now! If I where lucky enough to take a buck like this, I would make sure one of the first comments in any article would be "Fair Chase Kill", if were such!

I read nothing like this in this article! I also read

Quote:

Steve took the 120 yard shot and dropped the huge buck that would green-score 212 Boone and Crockett for a 17 point non typical whitetail deer

Key word would!

I do think it is a very nice buck, but not taken in a fair chase woods. Possibley a large ranch fenced in or game farm? There is just something about a pen raised buck that stands out. May be I have spent to many hours at Whitcombs, to many hours piering threw past years of FM hunters deer pics (true wild deer) or watch to many hunting vidoes, but you kind of get a hinkering for a pen raised buck verses a true wild buck! Not that anything is wroing with that and he is not stating it is wild and later they find he was lying.

But I have done a little research on these photos and I have been to other sites. I very rarely, if ever go to another outdoors site, because when I do I am lost! I am used to this sites format. But, as far as I could find, FM is the only site bringing this topic up about these images. I will add, most if not all other news sites and some sporting/hunting sites have this article locked from comment.

I did find this little post and who knows what who it could be from!

Quote:

Sounds like there is some jealous people out there. I have the privilege of knowing Steve and hunt with him, the hard work he puts in to his guide service there is know one more deserving than Steve to take a once in a life time trophy. For the gentleman that wants to see the fence, Steve is all fair chase, for one flat fee.

I don know, just B.S.ing before this weekends activities!

Hey guys, I would watch out with popping up to many links to other sites! It could get this thread locked or tossed out completely!

Just a word to the wise! They have been pretty lax about it thus far. I think it goes against forum policy! Not trying to be a stick in the mud!

These days it's easy to change all kinds of things in photoshop. No problem at all to fabricate, and the level of realism is limited only by the photoshop skills of the manipulator.

That's not saying these are doctored photos. They don't look doctored to me, and I've pulled them over into photoshop and gone over them pixel by pixel. There are some irregularities in the way some of the pixels are arranged but, while that's sometimes a telltale, it's not always, because low-res, small jpegs like these posted online get compressed, which can easily introduce irregularities.

If these are doctored (I don't believe they are), they were done by an expert.

Also, unless you're experienced in looking at wide angle photographs, it's easy to make mistakes when trying to estimate proportions. Wide angle skews the lines and angles and perspective somewhat. The wider the angle, the more out-of-proportion things are compared with our human eyesight.

stfcatfish, thanks for the run down and your opinion.

If anyone on this internet site is qualified to do a ruling on these images, you are the one to do it.

If anyone doubts what stfcatfish has to say, check his posts out in the Photosharing area. This guy knows what he is talking about, but he leaves him self a little room for error! grin.gif

Lets try and be a little more happy for this hunter with this huge buck. For as much as I can tell from the research I have done, this baby is for real. Its not the intent on this forum to doubt ever deer posted. Yes, some are photoshopped but there are also many that are for real.

Good post, Tom. Couldn't have said it better myself. Seems most of the time when photos are posted, a small handful of folks always throw the BS card, without knowing any facts. When facts are presented and confirmed, the story is still deemed shady.

I do not know Steve Hanson personally, nor do I have any biased agenda on this post. My personal opinion is, like Steve said, the photos look very real, and if they were photoshopped, it was done by an expert. After researching this, I have no reason to doubt it's real. The links I posted also corroborate the pictures (my apologies to the moderators for posting unauthorized links -- felt they were necessary in this case for this reason).

All opinions have been and will continue to be welcome.

Bottom line -- the deer itself is a brute, the pictures do it justice, and the story behind it is impressive. That's enough for me!

Good luck this weekend everyone!

Quote:

A buddy (not the shooter in the photos) emailed these to me...

How many emails/posts start like this, and how many are actually true as far as the claimed hunter/fisherman? Too many for me not to second guess this deer. Please don't come down on people for not instantly believing a story and some pictures. How many times has the Amish buck been sent around attached to different stories?

That being said, it sure seems like it's the real deal. Very impressive, and a hearty congratulations to the hunter. I still hope that it is not a penned-in buck, and it sounds like this guy has put in his time and deservedly found a monster. Good for him.

CNC MIke - thanks for sharing the picture. Photographs are always a bit distorted - that's a heckuva deer, and it'd be fun to hear what kind of measurements they carry - just a nice big, superbuck. There are a few of these out there - just gotta be in the right place at the right time, eh?

To those non believers....go to Iowa...hunt there. Iowa has those deer because the GUN SEASON IS NOT IN THE RUT and people understand what it takes to get deer like that because more and more people are letting the DINKS GO - MN could have those too if people would stop shooting the first buck they see just so they can say "I got my buck!" and then throw the rack in the pile in the garage.

Just because it's over 200 inches doesn't mean it has to be on the front page of every paper in the country...200 inches is big, but they are getting more and more common every year because people let them mature.

If you want to enjoy pictures of big deer like that all the time then join [Note from admin: Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.] . That deer was posted on there about 10 days ago and NOT one person thought it was fake on that site because they know that deer like that exist.

The other buck...yes, the Timberghost Ranch buck...high fence, blah blah blah. That buck has been making it's way around again...it's OLD news.