Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fishapalooza

Guess when Forest Lake (Lake 1) ices over and win some stuff!

21 posts in this topic

smile.gif

Hello all. Thought I would try something that should be a little fun.

Guess the date that Forest Lake (Lake 1) freezes over and you could win some cool Fishapalooza stuff.

If you would like to give it a try, here's all you have to do.

Send an email to ice_up@IceFishingForestLake.com with your Fishing Minnesota screen name and the date you think Forest Lake (Lake 1) freezes over completely(99%).

Prizes

1. 2 Fishapalooza Contest Tickets

2. 2 Fishapalooza Contest Tickets

3. Fishapalooza T-shirt

4. Fishapalooza T-shirt

5. Fishapalooza Hat

6. Fishapalooza Can Coolie stuffed with lures

7. Fishapalooza Can Coolie stuffed with lures

Rules -

Deadline for guessing is November 18th at 6pm.

One guess per person please. Only first guess will be accepted.

One prize per person.

Forest lake (Lake 1) has to be frozen over(99%) when checked at 4pm. If it freezes over after 4pm, then that is considered froze over the next day. Example - Let's say it freezes over on November 19th(wishful thinking) at 5pm, the official date of freeze over would be November 20th. Get it?

We will have people checking the lake everyday.

All people who pick the correct day will be put into a hat and 7 email addresses will be drawn from last to first.

Winners will be emailed and their screen name posted here on Fishing Minnesota.

Good Luck!

December 10th is my guess but has been later depending on exactly when the lake completely freezes and does this include small duck ponds or when the whole surface is froze? If it includes the duck ponds then I'll say January 15th.

Tunrevir~

with thin ice in middle of lake i wld say dec 16

Ok, so like 99% froze over. Good point.

Hey Tunrevir, could you send me your email address. You seem to be on FL a lot and would like to talk to you.

Yep, get out and around it quite a bit. Nice to see you guys getting the ball rolling again with the contest. I especially like the fact that the idea was hatched in the fish house with your bud. It's good for the local economy. My address is parentfamily_5@msn.com. Blake Roberts, Chris Hoyt, Chance Norby and Pete Paider are all part of the Forest Lake Lake Association and might be interested in helping out. Grew up on the lake, fish it alot come hardwater and moniter it closely while it is making ice. I make it my daily routine to drive around the lake as the ice is forming, to know where it is safe and where it isn't for first ice, fishing forays.

Tunrevir~

I'm more optimistic this year, so I will say Clear Lake will be froze over by Dec 5, and Forest Lake will be completely froze over by December 13 .

Nice! work off the local guy!:) Guess you gotta go with your instincts but our guesses aren't realy in the hat unless you go to the F-plooza website and enter them!

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

I will say the 16th. Possibly the same day my daughter is born?

Dec 14th

Don't forget to EMAIL your guesses and screen name to ice_up@icefishingforestlake.com

Replying to this thread with your guess doesn't count.

Just a reminder that the deadline to email your guess is November 18th at 6pm.

Guesses have been rolling in by the dozens. So far the dates range from November 22nd to December 29th. It's kinda interesting to see that no one date seems to be a favorite. I guess that shows you that no one is really sure of what old man winter has up his sleeve.

Keep the guesses coming!

Thanks,

Less than a week to the Nov 18th 6pm deadline.

Get your picks in soon!

I was up by Barnum for some deer hunting this weekend and noticed a couple of ponds iced over and some ice on the shore of a pretty good size lake on Friday. It all melted, of course, after the disgustingly frown.gif warm weekend we had. It looks like it will start getting cold again later this week. Hopefully it will stay cold!

Good Luck!

There's a little more than 39 hours left to email your guess to ice_up@icefishingforestlake.com

We have had a lot of guesses so far. There's pretty much an even distribution of guesses over a period of 6 weeks. I figured there would of been a period of time that would of stood out from the rest, but that's not the case.

If you have already sent in your guess, Thank you!

If your a procrastinator and waiting for the latest weather report, just remember, this Sunday - Nov 18th at 6pm is the cutoff.

fish_static_logo_01.jpg

shocked.gif

Only 1 hour left to get your picks in.[\b]

Deadline is 6pm tonight.

Thanks!

I'm just now seeing thread, so my guess is late.

However, with the forecasts that I've been seeing in the snowplowing websites, my semi-educated guess is December 15th, 2008. Yes, I said 2008.

Sorry Fishapalooza.... I don't think there will be any ice this year.

Wow. tongue.gif

No ice this year? Lets hope the "experts" at the snow plowing website and the grasscuttinguy are wrong.

Hey fishaplooza, whats the status on Forest lake?

I think I'm going to be close with my guess of the end of november.

I was gonna guess a little earlier this year, but ran out of time for the contest.

I should be able to get on FL a lot this winter.

If a skim-over happens with low wind after, we may be out earlier than most years! Red Lake is now just froze over! grin.gif

i just home and second lake is all locked up.

I throughly check lake 1 today at 4:30pm and have concluded that Forest Lake (lake 1) is completely iced-up. Even the hole that sometimes stays open in the south center of the lake is frozen. grin.gif

So that makes the official lake 1 freeze up... November 27th.

Of all the picks I received, only 3 people picked Nov 27th.

So here's what I'm going to do. I put the 3 names into a hat and first drew the winner of a Fishapalooza shirt. The other 2 names left in the hat both get tickets.

Drum roll please......

Winner of a Fishapalooza t-shirt -

Harvey lee

Winners of the Fishapalooza event tickets -

JigginIsLife

ilovehardwater

I decided to put the people that picked the day before and the day after Nov 27th in to the hat for the other 4 prizes.

Winner of a Fishapalooza t-shirt -

Tippman

Winner of a Fishapalooza hat -

Squirtis

Winners of Fishapalooza can coolies stuffed with lures -

Dilleyo

lunker651

I'll be contacting the winners Nov 28.

Congratulations to the winners and thank you all for playing.

Here's another chance to win tickets.

Stop by our booth(321) at the St. Paul Ice Fishing Show and sign up to win a pair of tickets given away each day.

See ya'll there!

Nice job guys

thanks again