Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kyle Sandberg

Perch?

4 posts in this topic

Do people catch perch on the north end around Gariison? We might be heading up that way and would like to get a few perchies before we go for the pigs. Thanks for any help.

They are slamming (if perch can "slam) around Myr Mar. You can throw artificials (my buddy's favorite was the tiny rapala) or leeches. I haven't been able to catch any on worms, only a few on fatheads, but limits and limits and limits on the leeches.

Thank goodness I buy 20# before the prices go up! You can still get them at Tutt's I know , but they are getting expensive. Maybe a few leeches and the rest artificials like sassy shads, tubes, mr twisters, gulp, etc.

Carl

We tried for a couple of hours last night waiting for the sun to go down and all my spots were empty. Did not get all the way up to Myr Mar. Check with the guys at Tutt's.

Thanks for the info guys. I always here of people catching them in the south bays but know I have a little confidence.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Buzzbait Brad Ohio
      Thanks for having me Minnesota. I wasn't able to float the Ottertail river but I did fish the lake every morning. Most fish the first 3 days came on top water whopper plopper. The last day, the water temperature heated up to almost 80 so I changed it up a little bit and fished deep water 10-20 feet and caught fish deep. Here's some of the better fish from this week. The fishing up here is great. Can't wait to make it back. 
    • ZachD
      Nice job I will be out on Sat in the boat
    • hitthebricks
      Sounds like my problem, Thanks  
    • JBMasterAngler
      Small minnow raps, #2 mepps spinners, small spoons. Don't need anything else.
    • curt quesnell
      What a great day jigging out in the mud. Little or no wind all day and it was pretty warm but fish were active, biting and large. A big change came yesterday on my close by spots that threw me for a loop but the fish a few miles away seem unphased. I will say it again a great day!
    • monstermoose78
      Thanks for the advice Dave  I dont let Finn fetch on check cord any more. I only used it when he was a pup
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      There are public beaches at both Hoodoo Point in Tower and McKinley Park in Soudan. Cliff
    • leech~~
      In the summer they seem to be about 20' feet down over 50'-80' feet of water. We trolled small raps with what ever would get it down there. I also had down riggers to use.  You could try some deep hook and slip bobbers with a worm in some of the deeper bays to see if they will take it?  Good luck.
    • MinDak Hunter
      I have a bait/rigging question. The kids and I were out on Big Watab chasing a suntan and when I told them that the lake has trout they wanted to try for them but I mostly fish sunnies and crappies. What would I need to get to fish for trout out there? Looking back in the forums I see that some guys use leadcore (I'm not buying new rod/reels) and some use bobbers. Any advice on a common bobber set up? Also, I have an "active" 10 year old so it seems that jigging works best to keep him busy, any advice on jigging for trout?
    • fishingtime13
      Update! Water is way down! But I was able to get a smallmouth with a topwater plug.  And a catfish broke my leader off a  worm, was very confused. Going again tomorrow