Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
ike's tackle

saugerama

ike's tackle

The bite is on all the boats that came in this morning filled out yesterday some said it took 2 hrs.some it took longer.Ikes 3/8oz hair jig tipped with a minnow seems to be the ticket.10-15-feet of water.18-22inchers seem to be the average. good luck IKE

JOHN T jr.

Thanks IKE.. What seems to be the going color jigs, and what time do you open in the morning?

ike's tackle

John the brite colors seem to be best chart. orangr yellow white etc.we open at 6am.stop in and say hellow.a friend was out yesterday-tue.he said the saugers were so fat they looked like pumpkins. good luck. IKE

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• AlwaysFishing23
      I’ve had the same issue with keeping them alive. Dead bait works way way better than live bait anyway. Defiently going to give that a try wanderer!
    • Wanderer
      I’ve saved dead/dying suckers before.  Pull them as soon as you can and freeze em.  I’ve sprinkled them with salt before bagging and freezing.  Fish them on the bottom. There was a time I targeted big pike with big minnows and would actually kill a minnow before sinking it to the bottom with one of my lines. As with everything, it’ll work better some places at some times, not as much as a live minnow other times.  Later season when pike cruise just below the ice scooping up the dead loss of the winter, suspending your dead sucker a foot below the ice can be your big fish ticket.
    • Mike89
      welcome to the site!!!
    • ANYFISH2
      Love watching the NFL, WWF/WWE not so much! How bout them Vikes!  I hope thing go well thia weekend.
    • ANYFISH2
      Eyeguy, I am jealous.  That is still more fishin' than i have done thia winter. At least we know of a hotspot to try!
    • littlebear
      If you really want to challenge yourself, make the "hook" mostly barbless, which is what one of my kids somehow managed to do. Just aim for the toothiest area.....
    • monstermoose78
      They work
    • monstermoose78
      They are taking trucks in both
    • Zachery Barnhart
      What lake? I'm in Moundsview so I like hearing about visibility nearby.  Struggling to find clear water this year. Poor visibility on Forest, Clear, Centerville so far. WBL has good visibility. But I hate spearing on muskie lakes. Plus, WBL doesn't have big pike per surveys. 
    • carfoutdoors
      The only tying groups I know are here in the Twin Cities, and there are quite a few that gather during the winter months.  I'm not sure of any in the SW near you.
  • Share & Have Fun