Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bassNspear

If you had to pick one lake.........

18 posts in this topic

if you had to pick one lake for great population for pike, what lake would that be. Also, what lake would have the best population, that is a clear lake.

Any information would be great. Thanks again

Big Marine--- but the size is questionable...

Tonka my .02

i had that one in the back of my mind dietz.

how is the ice out there.

Right now.. Not so good! wink.gifgrin.gif

duh, im ment in the winter time when we have ice on the lakes, is there springs in there or is the ice solid all year around.

Dude, as you know ice is never safe... I am not aware of any springs... However, because of the lake and the number of points and such, it does at times have ice ridges... but then agian, what lake doesnt?

i understand that. i just wanted to make sure that there was not any springs or air raters out there on the lake.

Someone already said big marine (which was going to be my choice). White bear is clear and has lot's of pike. My very first fish through the ice was a pike out of there grin.gif Many years ago of course.

Bass I know your looking for a lake to spear-- If I were spearingg around Annandale, My choices would be Clearwater, Scott and Betsy. Clearwater, people are always getting nice pike out there spearing. Scott and Betsy are known for a 20lb every year. Not big known lakes, but they hold some nice fish

Terry

I have said this before,Woman Lake in cass county is about 3 1/2 hours it is a great northern lake and awsomely clear water!

For big Pike I would go to the creek that runs out of the dam on Peltier at Centerville. Park your care in the lot next to the boat landing and walk down to the creek. Throw a sucker in and fish with a slip bobber. Good size Pike up to the dam in the creek. Also big crappies and bass. Tight Lines!

Uncle, we did that once on Christmas Eve day. Open water fishing and caught a couple pike. You could see them cruise by every once in while, and it was pretty fun smile.gif Have bro-in-law that lives right near there, and we all had a blast.

what does everyone else think?

Tonka- North Arm.

i have had luck out of cross lake in brainerd. it is pretty clear water. alot of fish but not all that big but fun!

Bald Eagle. All the way. I little bit of everything. sunnies and crappies off the dock for the little one and the better half, and bass and 'skis out in the boat for me. When the little ones want to go with out on the lake, I can run to the north end of the lake and get a pontoon and not worry about someone going over.

Definitely tonka. Nowhere else in the metro I can consistently catch 10lb + pike