Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pikeslayer

farmfishing--wherenow?

11 posts in this topic

Its about two weeks since the last post!The river is flowing bigtime since the last post,lots of weeds and sticks andSTUFF!!On the 24 of this month I had lots of fish in18feet of water,but they would not bite on nothing,minnows,crawlers or leachs.Slow,fast,stopped or go! Im going back to the shack on the 30 of the month to button up what I should have done before!Any tips on what to do about getting the fish to bite would be great!!THANKS!! blush.gifblush.gif

Pikeslayer did they open the dam? I was useing hippie minnows much shallower and just north of the current in the slack.

Yes they opened the dam,I had to wade out to get my anchor that I stuck in the grass out on the point,about 8 inchs I would geuss it raised in one night!!Im bringing a friend from Alaska that I promised some eye action tomorrow to check it out so if you have a idea on what to do,I sure could use it now!!THANKS!! frown.gif

Whats a hippie minnow!!

Rainbow i tried shiners but all i caught was pike. I would also try the sunken island if there is any fishe one it or just north of the outlet in that little cup. We where useing green and black or blue and white 1/4 ounce jigs moveing fairly quick. Good luck.

I looked on the island and found nothing on my vexilar.Lots of nice pike on shiners by the droppoff at the out let,and then it happened about a half hour befour dark,lots of nice 24 to 29 inch eyes,It was nice to see the look on my buddies eyes seeing all them nice fish!All big fish were released but still kept enough fish for a good meal,It was great!! grin.gif

Congrats on the nice catch. Just got back from deer camp. Sounds like i schould be fishing the hunting has been slow.

With temps in the low 50s and no wind theres no way I could sit in a stand yesterday!The bass boat needed to be run with some sta-bil in the gas tank so I spent the day with a dozen minnows and sixpack of beer smile.gifI never got a bite,but it sure was nice being on the lake! grin.gif

Pikeslayer I have been in the city finishing up my honeydo list. What does the ice look like up your way? I am going to head up next week.

The lake froze over thursday night.we should have plenty of good ice by next friday if the wind stays down.Im hopeing I can be on the lake and ready for spearing when it opens on the 1ST. of dec. blush.gif Is there really an end to the honeydo list?

NO. I am going to the cabin this weekend with the kids so i think the rapids will be the closest i get to heaven. I think i might head up mid week then go up to foul lk for some me time for a few days. Good luck in the dark house.