Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lawman

Mille Lacs Water Level

6 posts in this topic

With all the rain earlier this month has the lake come up at all. I know a lot of the other smaller lakes and streams were up a lot.

Saturday night we launched from the Red Door on the north end - looked like the water depth was down about a foot or so. I'm sure someone else with more experience in the area can confirm or deny that. Regardless we had no difficulty launching.

It went from terrible to bad. It is still very low. Chip is off up to 3 ft. in areas. I'd be careful runnin over the shallow rocks and the blowout holes at the landings. Also we saw a boat beached bigtime on the sand. Stay within the channel markers wherever you go out of. I would also launch at a private resort, the publics are in rough shape mainly.

I talked to a DNR guy at the Cove boat launch. I asked if there were any plans to dredge any of the launches. He said no. He said that if something happened like damage at a boat launch they would fix it. But wouldn't do anything just because of low water levels.

You would think now would be the perfect time as in they can get farther out and if the levels ever go this low again everyone will be all right.