Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
reelguy

public land west of Palisade

5 posts in this topic

A buddy and I are going to try the public piece of property west of 169 a couple miles on County Road 3 (just past Round Lake) this year for deer (his parents have a cabin down the road). Anyone know if that gets pounded or not? We are lucky in that we have weekdays off to hunt, but wondering if it is even worth while to try if it is out hunted during the weekend.

I was just out there yesterday grouse hunting. Or at least in very close proximity. It looks like it probably gets a ton of people deer hunting the entire area as we saw a number of temporary makeshift deer camps in the area. However, there are a mess of deer in the area, so you might get a shot off.

That area where 1 splits from 3. I do not know if other hunters are in there but I do know there are a bunch of deer around there.

You should be good to go during the week.

The 1st week is sorta crazy ,but after that it mellows out.

I have to say during the week it is fairly quiet on the weekends its really crazy that area ur talking gets hunted pretty hard all season. I have seen plenty of deer in the area. Just make sure u are on public land. I grew up in the area and most all take their deer hunting extreamly seriously. Good luck may the big buck come your way!!!

thanks for the replies. I know we've seen lots of deer in the past. I am working on putting the edges of the public land into the old GPS so we stay on course. Good luck to all and shoot straight.