Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ray1

just got back

9 posts in this topic

The trip to the rainy was a very quick one. There was four of us in the boat and did real well so we had to come home early. grin.gifcool.gif The river is still flowing fast but we were able to use a 1/2 oz jig in certain areas. Most of the time you will have to use a 3/4 oz.. Gold, white glow, red glow seem to be great colors once again. If your venturing out i would recomend bringing two anchors. The biggest fish we caught was only 21 inches but there were tons of 17-19 inchers. Good luck fishing.

Okay Ray, where'd ya fish?

we found some slack water by birchdale.

We were just a little east of the access. Middle of the river in about 10ft of water. We did the best from about 2:30 till dark. We found a spot where we were able to down size our jigs just a bit and that seemed to be the key. Also it seemed frozen shinners seemed to get more bites, but live was also working. There ray1 now thats a fishing report! grin.gif

ok icehole i didn't want to give all the secrets away. wink.gifgrin.gif

I do what can.

ok, we should have eaten some fish, so we could have kept fishing grin.gif

Isnt it time that you two settle your lovers quaral blush.gif

Try Lake Ashtabula guys. Closer and you won't have that drive time to talk about it all the way back!!! J/K.

Thanks for the reports....I remember my first Walleye!