Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Moose-Hunter

Are FMJ's legal rounds for predators?

7 posts in this topic

Are FMJ (full metal jacket) rounds legal in Minnesota for predator hunting? Or for that matter, any hunting in general?

Thanks...

No, they are not. It states in the handbook that you can only use expanding bullets.

Not legal for predator hunting????????

I don't recall anywhere where it states its not legal for predators. I don't recommend them though. There are much better bullets out there for predators then FMJs.

JEV

Quote:

I don't recall anywhere where it states its not legal for predators. I don't recommend them though. There are much better bullets out there for predators then FMJs.

JEV

I agree. But are these other bullets "hide friendly"?

Fur friendly? Probably not. But I've shot fox with FMJ's before and if you hit bone, they make quite a hole. I've also hit coyote with FMJ's and they've kept running. For me, I'd rather shoot an expanding type bullet and have a dead critter then have one run off.

JEV

They ARE legal. Shoot whatever you want.