Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bandit

Remember the 70's?

5 posts in this topic

COLD COLD COLD, Seemed like it was always windy. Had to hunt for days to even see a deer. Then you had to see horns before you could shoot. We got to the woods before first light and left after dark, No fires, no warming up in the truck, cold rolls, cold sandwiches, cold chicken, cold coffee, and to finish off the day... frozen beer. Things sure have changed. Kind of miss it, but not enough to give up all the neet stuff we use nowadays and do it over again. How about you guys and gals.

I sure do remember hunting in the 70's! shocked.gif....old timer here grin.gif...in 71', there was no deer season and the seasons to follow sure were cold!...remember hunting

at almost 20 below a couple times(mid 70's)....frost on my eyebrows,frost on my shoulders, I remember standing on a tote road waiting for drivers to push deer toward me...2 deer popped out about 60 yards away,I was so cold ,I couldn't even get the gun to my shoulder, my muscles were so stiff...I could barely talk my jaw muscles were so stiff grin.gif(first phases of hypothermia) ....one morning at 14 below, I got up in my pick-up camper(hunted the Togo area about 78') my sleeping bag was froze to the camper wall with me in it grin.gif...no global warming going on in the 70's grin.gif

I am not from the seventies however my dad is. He always talks about hunting then and how one year like Johnny said, no season. Refering to the cold temps I remember a couple years ago, I shot a doe when it was minus 17. I know thats far from the norm but hey that what one of the times I enjoyed gutting a deer, it warmed me up! grin.gif

Ever notice though, no matter how cold you are you suddenly don't feel cold when a deer enters the picture?

Bob

thats called adrenaline