Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Trainman

Deer hunting opener!!!!!!

11 posts in this topic

I'm heading home to Morris this weekend for 4A deer hunting hoping to break my 3-year buckless rut. Who else is going to be in the field this weekend?

I know I will be out! Just North of Miltona. well have to see how it goes not much deer sign out their right now so it should be interesting it could be to early to get those deer going I think 2nd weekend might be even better than the 1st!

I'll be out second weekend in the Glenwood area. Forecast looks like we have a very good chance at snow on the ground by then. Opening weekend - not so much.

going out east of hancock but last week somebody smoked a dandy 10 pointer just north of where i hunt not to much of deer sign but will still go and see deer i hope

We'll be east of Hancock also. Just push all the deer into our area!

Just checking to see how everyone did? I've heard from alot of guys that not to many deer are being shot! I know we havent had the best luck yet out of 4 people we have Two deer both bucks granted we could have shot a few fawns but just checking to see how everyone is doing?

Just north of Miltona...same here.

We did quite well, but others did not (it appeared). The deer were running last night (so I heard).

Saw 3 bucks on our land Saturday and got two. None were real big though.

By Norcross, Not too great two does out of 8 people. I think the #'s were down also. So it is great that the DNR has the new limits set.

Millerville-Leaf Valley

Worked hard to go 2 for 3. Dad got a 6er on Saturday would have let it pass but he hadn't had an opportunity yet and I got a doe Saturday afternoon my first opportunity also. No shots fired first weekend. Not very much sign around, of course there are 3 new trailers and 5 new houses within a mile of my stand in the last 5 years.

We hunt between Miltona and Leaf Valley.

Got 7 for 9 weekend 1. Got 4 more the next weekend (not everyone hunted, but added 3 more hunters that couldn't hunt the first weekend). We then quit, as we have enought venison.

Saw 5 deer on Hwy 14 Sunday night at 8:00 between Leaf Valley and Hwy 29. Two were nice bucks....

They land I own (bought from my father and separate from our "main" hunting area) has not done well for deer the last 3 years. This year we got 5 deer in this area...3 of them were bucks from 6 - 8 points.

This last weekend, all of our deer were shot on drives as they weren't running at all.

Just got back. Had to switch to the second season at the last minute. Our group went 2 of 6 on bucks. Nothing for me though.