Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JClay

Shore Fishing Troubles...

8 posts in this topic

If any of ya'll were to fish from shore this week, what would be the best choice?...I have tried the bridge in Madison numerous times and also the bridge on Cannon...I am thinking about Elysian...I would prefer walleye but crappie, bass, northern would suffice...

Well if you must know.I have had luck on Elysian,Lake crystal @boat landing and Hanska from either public boat launches.

However,I think (just an opinion)that Hanska fish taste kinda........funny

Elysian would a good bet this time of year!

The BAROMETER was up to 35.5 inches today. WOW. It has been higher these last few days then I can recall in the last 2 years!

Up north we would spend a lot of time in Oct/Nov shore casting around moving water - river/creek inlets, things like that - pitching size 18 Raps.

Does that same thing happen around here?

Yes but you don't necessarily need to go that big for a lure profile. Jigs and plastics also have their place too.

Anyone know what they are catching them on on lake hanska?

minnows, raps, etc????

I know some guys who have been getting fish on big plastics, jointed Shad Raps and #4 and #5 Salmo Hornets.

I was out there last night. Caught 3 16 inchers and my 9 year old lost one about 21 or 22 inches. We used slip bobber and 1/16 oz chart. or a white jig head in about 6 to 7 ft of water.

Duane