Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brassman

doe at 8:55 am today.

2 posts in this topic

I wasn't all settled in until after legal shooting time even. I sat there for a while and I got really cold with the wind just ripping through my body up in the tree. I decided to snuggle up in my coat and thats when I dozed off. Once I woke up I saw a doe standing/feeding at 30 yards and closing, I didn't know if I should stand up right then or not because she was behind a big popple. She then started wandering off to my right, so I promptly got up grabbed my bow and drew on her only to hit my elbow on the tree I was in, I figured she would of seen me but didn't I had my elbow propped up against the tree when I let it sail and it burried in her chest and she took off so fast I thought I missed. I let her sit for half an hour aand I looked but didn't find anything. I looped around where she had run off to and so I walked down this trail to another stand of mine that I could see from my current perch. I didn't find anything so I intersected the trail where she had run off to and found a spec of not so good looking blood but decided to look further only to find a somewhat decent blood trail with spots here and there, I looked into this quagmire of pine trees to see her piled up. Success! I use those rage broadheads and was expecting to have a blood trail a blind man could follow but it was very sparse blood trail. Later I found out that all of the blood pooled above the diaphram despite a low exit hole. I double lunged her as well as hit the stomach. made for a fun gutting job. A doe in the freezer beats a stinky gut job any day. the bh sliced through a rib like butter. only thing was the arrow stuck in her the whole time maybe contributing to the little blood. She only went 60 yards tops though and only 20 yards from the atv. grin.gif couldn't have planned it any better.

Archerydeer07032.jpg

Good Job, Congrats!!!