Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jig n' jerk

full moon report

3 posts in this topic

I was on the west side from 7pm to 3am. Fished the inside weed edge , and also over the weeds from 6-8ft. The perfered speed was 1.2-1.6, and the fish seemed to have a strong preference from the gold and black huskie jerks (HJ12 and HJ10). Ended up with 7 walleyes. A 26,23,22,20,19.5,19.5, and 17 inches. At 2am I switched to a HJ14 same color as previously mentioned, and ended up tagging into a 50 inch muskie (My first Muskie). I thought it was kind of weird though, it didn't really fight at all (although it did make one run after I tried netting it with my walleye net). I thought I snagged a log or something. No head shakes and no blazing runs. Most of the walleyes I caught fought harder. Is that typical for a muskie when the water gets cold? Still, very cool to end the night with my first muskie ever. Almost forgot, Hanson, Thanks for the advice on being prepared for those muskies. After reading your post I decided to pack my needle nose pliers and even went and bought one of those Lindy fish handling gloves. Which gave me a little more confidence retrieving my Husky Jerk in the dark and wavy water ( I dont need to slash my hand up anymore than they are from work). I didn't bring my digital camera so I will Have to wait to post the pick until I get the disposable camera developed. Unfortunately I was fishing alone so the only pics I could take was of it laying in my boat and a few as I was releasing it (would be nice to a pic with me holding the fish).

jig n'jerk,

Nice report! To bad about the muskey pics! It's always nice to have one of ya holding it!

I almost thought you were on lake last night, but I see what time you pasted and times you were on the lake! I was going to say, for being alone and out on lake last night for that amout of hours you are sure dedicated!

I was out on Friday night for a while but it was just to much trying to fish alone with the wind on friday evening. Of course, right after I left the wind died down to a very manageable 5 mph. I was able to land a 25 incher (after 4 atempts to net it) on friday, but left shortly after.