Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
cjac

Insigna flat screen TV powering up

Question

cjac

Hi all,

I have an Insignia (Best Buy brand, 1.5 year old) 32 inch LCD flat screen TV, here's the issue. It'll look like its turning on (blue LED light indicator) but after a couple seconds, go to RED and not power up. Try again and it goes blank and back to RED, never back to blue like it's even trying to power up. So, I unplug and try again, and again, etc. No luck, but every once in a while, like tonight, it will hold on the blue LED light and power up, but not often at all. Turn off and back on, it's good. Wait a while and no luck.

From what I know, this means it's not the "guts" of the TV, since it will work on occasion, as its on now. Not the "color wheel", again since it's on. I've tried other outlets, same thing, so I'm confident it'sd not an in-house wiring issue. Any ideas or past experience?

Thanks, Chris

2 answers to this question

Whoaru99

Me thinks it is in the guts of the TV and sooner or later (probably sooner) it's not going to come on again.

About the only other thing I can think of is to check the manual or settings for any kind of sleep or standby mode.

If there is any warranty left, I'd be taking it in. Remember, if you bought it on a credit card, your warranty automatically doubles from the credit card company in many cases.

pulsar_nx

Ditto, it's inside.

If it was a CRT I'd say power supply issue, but I've never been in a LCD though.