• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Todd Bouman

Wadinator

Just signed with Jacksonville. Why don't we get this guy back in his home-state wearing purple and gold? He certainly would be no less of a QB than T-Jack and Holcomb at this point in their careers.

Makes me wonder.. how many other QB's are out there, similar to Bouman, that would be a step up from what's wearing the purple.

Ah, well, maybe I'm overstating Bouman's capabilities. But even so, do you see my point? I mean... T-Jack has the worst QB rating of all the starting QB's in the league, and worse than several backups too. There's got to be a QB somewhere that can pull out a few wins for the purple and gold.

It'd be counter-productive, I know. T-Jack needs experience and won't get it sitting the bench. That's the theory righ tnow, anyways. However, I think a couple years on the bench will actually help him develop. Then maybe next time his number is called to be the starter, he would be much more capable.

Frustrating year. Probably a frustrating couple (three, four, five....) of years. crazy.gif

Wasn't that the guy who got into trouble at a charity Vikings snowmobile ride at Mille Lacs?

Quote:

Wasn't that the guy who got into trouble at a charity Vikings snowmobile ride at Mille Lacs?

Yes it was! One of them smirk.gif

I thought he was coaching football. I think his brother is AD there. Nepotism rules.

I'm wondering why Chris Weinke didn't get a sniff in Charlotte. I read he was hanging around there just in case.

Yeah Bouman was the QB coach at Buffalo. It sounded like a lot of the kids liked him.

At this point, I'd even take Ryan Leif. Childress is too stubborn to make any intelligent moves at this point. Both Culpepper and Johnson would've been better than Jackson this year.

YA BUT, things are looking up. They just signed Kluwe to a six year extension. They're gonna need him. wink.gif

The way the queens season is going they should have a good draft pick this year. There are 4 QB's that would be head and shoulders above TJack.

Quote:

I thought he was coaching football. I think his brother is AD there. Nepotism rules.

The AD in Buffalo doesn't even spell his name the same way (A instead of O). Todd has two older brothers, one of whom is head football coach in Pipestone and the other was head girls softball coach at SDSU until he got canned last year and I don't know where he is now. Ignorance is bliss, but you have to know enough to be quiet to enjoy it!!!

I've known the Bouman boys since we were kids and played on traveling baseball teams with them when we were young. Todd always had great skills, but he was a cocky cocky kid. He has been a serviceable backup QB in the NFL and could probably do as well as our other QB's, but he's not the answer to our problems.

Baseball teams? Didn't know they played baseball. I used to watch them play fastpitch every weekend when I was younger. Shane was the big wheel, Troy was a speed demon, and Todd was just a solid all-around player.

I think Shane is coaching softball at UNI these days.

Cocky? Technical fouls and ejections for hanging on the rim in high school b-ball games comes to mind... grin.gif

Baseball in the summers before they were old enough to play fastpitch softball...Probably like when Troy and I would have been in 6th or maybe 7th-8th grade(we are the same age-Todd two years younger, Shane two older)? I don't remember exactly when, it was like a million years ago now.

Speaking of quarterbacks, the queens are down to one healthy qb. I seen rumors, of George coming back, Pennington. Will the Vikes pick up someone? Or hope that Bollinger doesnt get injured, then it will be back to T-jack. They need to do something.

Well it looks like T-jack is going to start the game this weekend, get ready for the best game of his career! 9-15 for 155 yds, 1 td smirk.gif

Well, at least we didn't resort to signing Vinny Testaverde before another poor team was desperate enough to sign him. He looked decent on the first drive, but it fell apart after that. I have a feeling Quinn will be available at seasons end, Anderson looks good, and I am sure Brady will get sick of standing on the sidelines and will ask to be opted out of his contract

I thought I heard on the radio the other day, that if worse came to worse, Darren Sharper could be put in at QB?. unless I misunderstood the conversation. Did he play QB in college or anything like that?

Then who would we replace him with on defense? Well we could play it like 9man high school grin.gif I hope it doesnt end up like that! There just isnt much out there to be had, the Vikings will just need to dig in their pockets next season and pick up a good veteran.

Sharper could do the "Iron Man" thing. It'd be pretty sweet to see him lay the wood on someone trying to sack him though.

BTW, I thought you guys were kidding about Jeff George, I would rather have Doug Flutie than that bum

I'm afraid to say it, but how much you want to bet in the next NFL draft, the Vikes, well knowing how pathethic our QB situation is, will do something stupid in the first round, like pick another lineman, or a stone handed receiver, or someone from an unknown school who "has future potential"

• 3 months later...

The Jaguars on Monday signed veteran quarterback Todd Bouman and re-signed free-agent tight ends Charles Davis and Richard Angulo.

Bouman, 35, signed with the Jaguars on Oct. 25 last season to provide depth at quarterback after an injury to starter David Garrard. The club released him on Nov. 20 and Bouman finished the season with the St. Louis Rams.

Bouman hasn't thrown a pass in a game since 2005, when he started the final three games of that season for the New Orleans Saints, throwing for 722 yards, two touchdowns and seven interceptions.

The Jaguars brought back Bouman because it doesn't anticipate keeping primary backup Quinn Gray - an unrestricted free agent - on the roster. Gray can sign with another team as early as Friday, when the free-agent signing period begins.

Wonder what he signed for? Backup QB in the NFL has to be about the greatest job in the world, don't get beat up like the guys playing all the time, but they are paid mighty nicely to be there just in case.