Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CaptainJack

Friday/Saturday Winds

4 posts in this topic

Looking at the wind forecast for Friday night into Saturday all day...

12-16 MPH N/NE Friday until Saturday morning

then

15-20 MPH NE from 10 am to 10 pm

Is it better to just stay home or can I run a 16 FT aluminum up there.

Sunday looks great - 4-5 mph all day.

That's a good question.

I just checked the wind speeds as well and the forecast you noted matches almost exactly with what I found. It looks like the winds will pick up this afternoon to 10-15mph and last through the night and strengthen slightly tomorrow late morning to 15-20mph. It's a little front moving through - slight chance of rain tonight as well.

Dress warm folks! Tonight will be hardcore if the forecast comes to fruition. But hey, that's what makes it so fun! smirk.gif

Tomorrow eve 10% of showers. Winds WNW 5-10. Not too bad!!!

I checked Weather Underground and it doesn't look to bad for Saturday night. Usually that website has always been more accurate for me than weather.com for all the fishing trips I take. Here's hoping it holds true this weekend.

Ryan

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• monstermoose78
      Stopped in this morning and it looks like it should be good to go. 
    • ZachD
      http://www.health.state.mn.us/divs/eh/fish/eating/kidmom/index.html
    • ZachD
      The Rum has been dropping in flow and water level since the 20th from St Francis down if that helps    
    • ZachD
    • CaptJohnWis
      Fishing awful this morning. Launched at 8:30. By 12:30 had exactly two small pike. Finally found some walleyes and ended up with 22 fish - NO BASS! bummer. Water cold - only 61-64 degrees. Weather man blew it again. Walleyes in about 20 FOW, best lure Lunker City Fin-S-Fish.   New camera worked well but had troubles with new sonar/GPS. Think I got it fixed once home.   Here is today's video: June 26 video  
    • Gerkmaster
      We took our annual trip to Rainy Lake in mid-June staying at Taylor's Cove along Bear's Pass.  My dad started going there back in the late 70's and now brings me and my son.  Every year provides great memories, new and old.  Anyhow, fishing was very good, particularly for bass and walleye. Water temps ranged from 62-72 degrees.  Most days were about 75 degrees, overcast and breezy.  Our biggest smallmouth was 22" and biggest walleye was 30".  In fact we boated ten walleye 25" or larger.  We caught pike up to 37".  We found walleyes in weedy bays around 6-10' deep.  Bass were in 5-8'.  Most of the fish were spitting up perch so I imagine that's what kept them shallow.  A few pics to share.  Wish I could be there more often...
    • blue_healer_guy
      I live 10 min from cabelas and they have like 4 trolling motors on the floor.... dont like buying something i cant look at.
    • h8go4s
      You can't find one? How much do they cost? Try Cabela's for starters.All the I-Pilot and I-Pilot Link models have Spot-lock.   http://www.cabelas.com/browse.cmd?categoryId=734095080&CQ_search=terrova   https://www.minnkotamotors.com/Trolling-Motors/Freshwater-Bow-Mount/New-Terrova/
    • DLD24
      Nice, I'll have to start fishing it more and learn it.
    • Maverick1951
      You can find crappies and sunfish anywhere on the like around the pencil reeds and/or cabbage.  One of the best spots is right in front of the resort, but don't limit yourself there as there are plenty of spots all over the lake for pan fish.  The nice part is that you will probably also catch bass while going for pan fish.  Good luck and remember to give other fisherman plenty of room.  No reason to fish close to others.