• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Rookie heading out this weekend, Please help.

tjoutdoors

I'm planning to try the full moon walleye action on Saturday night. This will be only my 3rd night time trip and first solo trip on Mille Lacs. Where is a good spot to launch and fish for a rookie with no GPS? I've been told to fish Lakeside Reef as it is pretty close to shore and that Hunter's Point is a good place to launch. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Another recommendation would be to launch out of Eddy's. Very nice protected harbor and the fishing gets good right out of the harbor on the shoreline points. Rocky reff is a short run south from there as well.

This gives you a couple options depending on which way the wind is blowing.

I would launch out of Liberty Beach. It is right in between Hunters and Big point. It is newly redone and its a Public access, so it free. I launched out of it last night with my Warrior and worked excellent.

If you can, check the forecast for wind, and then find an area to launch/fish. Your'e better off paying to launch.

Sounds like NW winds Sat during the day 10-15.

Thanks for that post, thats where we usually put in. It's good to know our access is do-able. Did you do well out by Big Point?

The wash-out holes up at Garrison's are pretty deep on either side as of two weekends ago. If you have a big boat, stick to the south side of the dock or south launch.

It is very shallow on the lake side of the washout holes though for about 50' - as little as 1.5' deep. Be careful there. I put in a 17' Mr. Pike w/ 115hp and got out and in and never touch anything.