• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone up north still seeing Teal

Ely Lake Expert

I only had time to hunt the first 2 weekends and there were teal around. I assumed with a little cooler weather they would be gone. I talked to someone who hunts by hibbing and he shot a couple teal last weekend. Anyone else still seeing/shooting teal up north?

We saw a few greenwings last weekend in the Forbidden Forest (BWCA), but it is not unusual to find late-migrating greenwings right until ice-up.

No bluewings - haven't seen one of those since Opening Weekend.

Flows out of Stump Lake.

Actually, the current maps refer to it as Stub Lake.

Use of the Stump Creek reference is a nod to my earlier days, when my buddies and I referred to something as "the best this side of Stump Crick" or "ain't seen nothin' like that this side of Stump Crick" etc.

Spent many a day trapping rats and mink and beaver and shooting ducks and generally messing around on that little stretch of crick as a youngster. Mom used to tell me I might as well move there permanently when I'd annoy her, so I have moved there permanently, here in cyber-space.

There were bluewings north of Winnie last weekend. 3 of them aren't going to make it south either...

No teal on the canadian border. just mallards, honkers, and divers

I was just smothered in blue wings last Saturday. I had my limit in 45 minutes. Sunday morning brought two more, but they were greenies. I still saw a fair amount of blue wings. On Tuesday morning, they were pretty much gone.

This was in the Fergus falls area.