• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ricky Davis, Mark Blount Traded!

AWH

Not yet, but it sounds like they're going to the Heat. Players being mentioned as coming back to the Wolves are Antoine Walker, Michael Doleac and Wayne Simien. Likely a draft pick or two as well. Stay tuned...

Aaron

sounds good to me......with the first round pick thrown in awesome.......Doleac has one year on his contract....Walker can be dropped after 2 years I believe if we don't buy out both of their contracts plus we get Simien guy who has some upside......get rid of Blount and dopey Davis........

mchale trade with rilley? cool.gif

it sounds ok both ways, if wade takes some time to get back for the heat. and simian looked like the real deal at kansas.

We are going to have lots of first round picks in the next few years, things could be looking up in the future!

Deal went through. We got the players mentioned plus a first rounder and some cash. I hate Walker but only has 2 years left.

Anyone hear when the first rounder is coming to us? I like that we are finally getting some picks instead of giving them away! I think we have some young talent now, might take a couple of years, but I finally fell like they MAY have a plan!! grin.gif

Love the trade. Didn't hear until late this afternoon. Got rid of a couple bad contracts for guys with 1-2 years left max and, are you ready for this? A DRAFT PICK. Taylor probably hired a middleman to lie to McHale and tell him that the Wolves would have to give away a pick to make the deal, when really they were getting the pick. I like that the Wolves will have cap room, but who is going to want to come here? They'll find a way to overpay an average guy or take whatever the other teams leave. They have to draft a KG or some such stud. I just hope Whitman knows how to develop a young team. They can't be broken into a system of losing and blaming and not doing the little things.

Love it too.

Sounds like they might buy 2 guys out. One will be Walker I would bet.

I just read that if the Heat make the play-offs this year the Wolves will get their 2008 pick, if they don't it is protected and than it goes down from there--I believe they would get the 2009 pick if not in the top 10, the 2010 pick if not in the top 6, etc...I would have to believe that in the east the Heat will make the play-offs unless D Wade sits out the whole season!!

Big Pine --

Right on. I think we will be waiting on that pick for a while.

I hunt in your area -- the Butler township area north of Perham. I saw a heck of a nice buck the night before rifle opener -- that figures. I was sitting with binocs instead of bow hunting. I kinda blew that one and he was a wall-hanger for sure. 14 pt. I think.

crazy.gif

Its nice to know that they T Wolves are trying ot make the team better by getting a few picks out there in the years to come. Hopefully we can get the team to fight for a championship.

I dunno, McHale stuck Miami by getting a pick out of the deal. I would have done the deal with the players straight up, but he managed to GET a pick instead of GETTING RID OF a pick. That's huge for him.

You have to look at the contracts we got rid of for what we got. McHale is probably already looking into trading 'Toine, and if we're stuck with him oh well, better than two overpaid stiffs.

It's a good trade for the wolves, but if you want to put it in pathological terms, it's like trading two cancers for one and getting chemotherapy. (Cap relief and draft picks are the chemo for those that don't understand this strange analogy)

Went to the game tonight. Big Al had some flashes. He had like 3-4 possessions in a row where he pulled down the defensive rebound every time, and showed an array of moves in the post. I wish he was a couple inches taller but he is showing some flashes.

Ryan Gomes looked pretty good. He seemed out of breath all night, so he better get some conditioning before the season starts. Lots of garbage points and rebounds.

Telfair looked allright. He had a few nice dishes.

Brewer looks the part of a rookie all the way. He can sure jump out of the gym. Turned the ball over, got silly fouls, and didn't understand his role in the offense or when he should look to score. He can defend all right, but he needs to tune his "O" game.

I'm glad the Wolves didn't draft Yi Jianlin. Looked terrible tonight. Got rejected by Bassy Telfair, got barely knicked on a couple fouls and couldnt' get the ball above the rim. He can't finish at all. Soft inside and on the boards.

Theo Ratliff was moving pretty well tonight. He said in the press a couple weeks ago that this was the healthiest he has been in years. If he can hold up he may put in a good year and sucker a team into one last nice contract.

McCants probably was most impressive tonight. Created his own shot and hit some tough baskets. Didn't really fill up his other stats, but he went 8-8 for 20 points in 32 minutes.

Most underwhelming was Gerald Green. After missing a couple shots and jogging back and getting beat he got pulled, then he pouted and sulked on the bench. It's too bad because I really wanted the Wolves to take him in the 2005 draft. It's apparent he still has lots to learn

It was kind of a garbage ball handling and passing night. The timberwolves dropped the chalupa with 106 points to Milwaukee's 85. They also had 30 turnovers to the buck's 27. 57 combined turnovers. Yucky basketball. How did they win by 20? By shooting 20% better than the bucks. They were getting all sorts of layups and open midrange shots in the first half. I don't know if it's new players, new systems, or poor conditioning but things are still out of sync. Tonight was two teams that are going to be very poor this year going at it.