• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Duck Hunter missing on Mississippi

From Star Tribune:

A duck hunter is missing in the Mississippi River near Dresbach, Minn., after the boat he was in capsized about 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, KSTP reported today.

Two others in the boat made it back to shore, and rescuers searched for Ray Joe Slaback, 63, until 2:30 this morning, the station said. The search is set to resume at 8 a.m.

Heard on the radio that they found his body today near an island on the river. My sympathies to his friends and family. A tragic reminder to wear your PFD.

A very sad story indeed. I had a close call a few years ago - swam to shore on a floating gun case and a bag of decoys. I'm pretty fanatical about wearing my PFD now.

My prayers are with his family.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family. I do not want to offend anyone - obviously he passed before his time. But the family and friends should rejoice in the fact that he passed doing something he loved. Not from illness - but out on the river hunting.

Again, not trying to be a jerk just conveying a thought.

I am pretty sure that I heard that this individual WAS wearing a PFD. Just a sad outcome. My thoughts go out to his family and friends.