Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Big Jeff

looking for red tails or shiners

11 posts in this topic

I know fat heads work, but I would like to give some red tails or some shiners a shot this weekend down on the Croix, I live in saint paul and am launching around Prescott. Anyone know where I might find them? Thanks

good luck on the water!!!

Vados bait off 65 spring lake park

Blue Ribbon in Oakdale usually has them. Might want to call and check first.

Bought some Rainbows and Shiners from Jimmy's in Stillwater Sunday. He had a good supply of both then. I don't think he had redtails though.

Jeff,

You tried Joe's yet. I'll be out chasin Muskies Sat. morning. This is Runs by the way. Whats your#?

runs hows it hangin! give me a call 651-343-1072 heading down sat morning early, heard you guys have had a fun last couple months on the Croix.

Joe's doesn't sell shiners or chubs...just crappie minnows (3 different sizes), fatheads, and sucker minnows (3 different sizes).

I just picked some up yesterday from Northwoods Archery & Sport in Newport (right off hgwy 61 on your way to Prescott). It's a new shop that just opened last fall. Good bait too!

Dockter21 you don't happen to have an address or phone number for those guys do you?

Backwoods in Newport off of 61 has some nice shiners but no reds.

GOOD FISHING!!! cool.gif

joes had a tank full of shiners i saw while i was buying some LURES . looked nice and healthy too.(rare). if it was me? i'd just get a dipnet and catch some shad ar emeralds and fish away. even a dead shad( not rotten if you want Waldo) is better than anything you can buy. good luck.