Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JCR

RedGut Report

2 posts in this topic

Went cranking for about an hour Sunday and got our two slot fish, plus a couple larger, biggest 23 inches. They were on the bottom at 25-30 feet. Also got a couple crappies that hit cranks, unusual. The eyes are moving out of their summer areas back to their winter haunts. In the case of southern Redgut, this means coming off the reef's and flats and moving back up towards Red Pine Narrows, and north. The water temperature is still around 51 degrees, and the water is still rising with all the rain. We are at the upper range of the rule curve for this time of the year. The ducks and loons are grouping and the eagles are buzzing the cabin looking for food.

Great to hear JCR thanks for the report. Man if I could only be up there right now to be catching some slabs! I guess I will have to wait until freeze up though. confused.gif Take care JCR and again thanks for the report!!!