• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Full Moon Question

MuleShack

I know it's early to be thinking of next year already, but i was looking at the 2008 lunar calendar.

Next year the full moon falls on October 14th.

I want to schedule some vacation in October next year to hit the pond for 3 consecutive nights and get reservations lined up...so the question is....

Is it going to be better to schedule it around the full moon phase or for later in the month planning on the cooler water temperature.

It seems like everyone is waiting for the full moon this week to come on up...it must be the best of both worlds with the cooler temps and the full moon?

I agree. Temps are the key. You will still catch fish , but for example, the best fishing is just starting now for the next couple of weeks.

I was going to go up last night, but elected to go and do some grouse hunting instead!

Wednesday I will get up and runner into evening!

I would love to go back out grouse hunting, but the deer ticks are just way to bad right now!

I hear you on the deer ticks. A couple weeks ago, we must have pulled over 200 off of our lab during our grouse hunt and days after. Hopefully the freezing temps at night will put them too sleep.