• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Public Hunting in SE MN

Hello everybody I am just wondering if there is any decent public hunting lands for waterfowl in SE MN or around Mississippi. I am looking for places where you dont have to have a boat. Any Help would be useful. Thanks

There isnt that much public land in SE Minnesota that is anything for ducks. Majority of the public land is wooded; however, there are many places on the Mississippi River that have good duck hunting if you are willing to put in a hike. One place is the Reno river bottoms south of Brownsville. There is a dike that runs across the river to WI and south of this dike is a maze of backwater, potholes, and sloughs. I have had some very good shoots down there. You need to get yourself an Upper Miss refuge map to see where the public land is (majority of the river) and where you may be able to walk into. The Reno bottoms would be a good bet though.

I know the spot MNPurple is talking about. I turkey hunt that area every year.

Depending on the water level, you may want to bring in a canoe or kayak to get back in there.