• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Darkhouse Pictures 2007-2008 Season!!!!!

bassNspear

Finally got out spearing today. First spot, nothing in one hour, too boring for me, off to another spot. Got set up, dropped the decoy and within five minutes took two fish around 26 inches. Watched many pike in that class and at one time had 4 pike in at one time. Smallest we saw today was around 24 inches biggest a little over 30. In three hours we possibly saw over 60 pike, tough to tell with that much action how many times you see one fish. Never had a block of five minutes pass without seeing fish. had a perch hanging around the decoy for about a minute, a really nice looking lake dragon snatched him up and was out of the hole in .5 seconds!! Had a bit of a problem with the camera today

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bassNspear

• Central Bassman

• merkman

• fisherking01

Dang fisherking01 looking at the pictures makes me want to take a week off grin.gif and go spearing. Nice fish and seeing lots of fish sure make it an enjoyable day. grin.gifgrin.gif Are you sure the lake dragon didn’t snatch it up in .00000005 confused.gif Need more pictures wink.gif

nice pics!!!

got out this last weekend managed to get a couple northerns. a 28 and a 32. had a huge huge muskie come nose to nose with my chub it just stared at it for couple minutes and slowly swam off! man i wish i had the camera with. put a shiner down and few minutes later he was back and hammered the shiner. after a long fight we got him in. 23 lbs C/R i'll try to get some pics for ya i have to talk to my g/f uncle he's gottem.

hmm weird i think i remember posting a pic of a fish i speared and still had the spear in it and it was taken off!? i wonder whats different with these pictures

Dabignorski, I’m guessing you posted that picture last year?? If so that would make since, now that we have are own spearing forum and don’t have to talk about it in the muskie/pike forum that stuff will fly!!!

Let my son (Taylor on right) and his buddy (Kannen on left) have the opportunity to fish alone for a hour after school today. They had a great time, and got very excited as they missed the big one!! Both figured, after some discussion it musta been about 13 pounds!! ?They each harvested two, 24 & 27 inchers!! [image]1-4-08spearingbuddies.jpg[/image]

Yes, lots of action! That's the way to get a kid hooked. On the other hand, they won't sit still when it slows down. Gives them a bit of practice hitting the fish where they should, got a bit far back on the big ones!! Got the house in 5.5 feet of water. bout 1 foot of ice, that keeps the fish in range for the boys. Honestly I'd rather spear in 4 feet than 10. That way you never need to let go of the spear! They have all day tomorrow to fish, hope they have the patience not to take their fish right away. Brent

Well I got out this afternoon and one upped my personal best again. Sat for a little over an hour without seeing a thing except a few sunnies and then this 8 pounder came in. Didn't realize it was as big as it was until the spear actually hit it.

>

i moved all the pictures to the same page.

We didnt need two posts on pictures. Hope you all understand.

Great pics! Posting a re-do so if you saw these, its not your immagination!

Got the boys out on Saturday for an all day trip. They each took 2 fish in the morning and finished the day with a 28 and 29 incher. Lots of great stories, a day I'm sure they will remember for a long time. >>

Originally Posted By: Bowfin
Nice Pictures Fish&Fowl. How deep you spearin in?

Thanks! We are set up off an underwater point in about 11 fow with a 16 ft. hole nearby. Seems to be a natural funnel with lots of fish every year.

It all depends. Seems like when we see small fish, that's all we see. But if we see decent or big fish, we see a few of them. That particular day I was out from 12:30-3:00pm and saw 14 fish. Four different times there was 2 fish in the hole at once. By far the best day in the spear house I've had for that short of time.

This was also when I saw a bigger pike come in wide open and hit a smaller pike and also had a fish around 20 pounds cruise in and chase off a smaller one, which I got on video. Very cool day.

Cool! I used to spear similar structure on a central MN lake - Putting my dark house on the edge of a sunkin island in about 8' of water next to a deeper 15-20' trough - It consistantly produced fish of all sizes.

Here are a few recent pictures.

The "Clear Water line up" - which actually didn't produce that day on the that spot. I love it when the coffee is still so hot you can't drink it yet...

IMG_4451.jpg

Great place to see.. too bad there were no fish in this spot.

IMG_4455.jpg

Next spot.. Same lake, but darker water. There is a small one sliding in out of the darkness from the left.

IMG_4457.jpg

By the end of the day, Early Riser and myself had collected a small pile of fish. He had most of the action that day... like usual \:\/

IMG_4459.jpg

This was just yesterday. I fished a small lake with slightly stained water. Usually this bright yellow decoy is not a great producer for me, but I think it matched the water well and seemed to be the ticket on this particular lake.

IMG_4469.jpg

I moved once just to keep things interesting and to learn a little more about the lake. In the end I wrapped up with a 25", 27" and one 28".

IMG_4473.jpg

IMG_4476.jpg

OK - One more pic to share... I met with a couple of friends for lunch today, and what better to share??... My contribution was a few peices of pike made two different ways. A few "Boiled" and a few "Broiled"...

IMG_4479.jpg

Another great weekend. >

{No fish on spears please}

( Note from Admin. Please read forum policy before posting again, Thank-You.)

Water was a little cloudy this weekend. Set up Sunday in 5 FOW and the water was very clear, I'll be getting some video this week!

Right behind the eyes, dude! I've been on several lakes recently. With the lack of excavation going on this time of year, it's the game I play. New lake most days, my portable rarely gets unloaded in my garage. This weekend we fished a lake near Fergus Falls. Last weekend we were near Garfield. Heading south this week, and toward Battle lake next weekend. I do a lot of "homework" on where to go.

Here are some of my pics from today... The darkhouse became a redhouse today!!!! No I did not spear the bass in the pic with the Northerns, he took after a nice fathead on my ultralight rod with my Tica Cetus reel!!!! That was fun! The 2 biggest pike were 34" and 35" 9# 2oz and 9# 5oz and 2# 4# and 7 1/2 pounders

[Note from admin: Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

Awesomeday.jpg

Greatdarkhouseaction.jpg

I guess the regs are somewhat confusing.

The way I read this is on inland waters you can't have more than 1 pike larger than 30" is that right?

Quote:

SEASONS AND LIMITS Inland Waters

• All calendar dates are for 2007 unless noted otherwise.

• Daily and possession limits are the same unless otherwise noted.

• Most species have experimental or special regulations on some waters. See pages 23-43.

• For Lake Superior, Canada, Wisconsin, Iowa, South Dakota, and North Dakota border water regulations, see pages 18-21, 45-55.

SPECIES OPEN SEASON POSSESSION LIMIT (SIZE) SEASONS AND LIMITS–INLAND WATERS

NORTHERN PIKE May 12, 2007- 3 (Not more than 1 over 30" Feb. 24, 2008 may be taken each day.)

http://files.dnr.state.mn.us/rlp/regulations/fishing/fishing2007.pdf