Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HateHumminbird

Welcome to the NEW Turkey Forum!!!

12 posts in this topic

For years we've been dodging posts in the Pheasants, etc., etc., etc. forum, and now have our own place to play!

Over the years, we've built up quite a large amount of useful information from turkey hunters in all walks of life. We're going to do our best to archive those here, as well as provide timely information for years to come. There are many seasoned turkey hunters in this forum, and I look forward to advice and information from all!

Joel

Looks to be a great addition to the forums. Lets watch this forum rock.

Yahoo!!!

A place for all us crazy turkey hunters to gather. laugh.gif

Congradulation on the new Forum. Should be a good one.

This should really start cooking in another couple weeks with spring applications being due. I can't wait!!!

Just this week I thought of a few of you guys as I watched 20+ birds, feed across a field next to one of my PHEASANT hunting spots. Sure wish we had a fall season in our zone, but I think it's only a few years away. But until then I'll just have to keep posting about my PHEASANT hunting.

PS Joel if you ever get the urge give me a call. I Promise I won't tell anyone you went PHEASANT hunting.

CW

I like it. Guess I am not the only turkey fanatic out there. I also feel like I am dodging the other bird stories to find turkey info.

I'ld like to start with the first tip. Belly crawling up on a flock of fall birds in an open field doesn't work! crazy.gif

Chris:

Hey now.....watch it with the P-word, esp. when it's in all-caps it creeps me out. smile.gif

I'll shoot you an email here soon, my phone got dunked during a now infamous incident where Deitz and I tried wading across a not-so-shallow bay. Lost all kinds of numbers in the debacle.

Joel

A large YEE HAA from the western front.

WD

Congrats you Turkeys on your new forum, From me, a proud member of the 19 time World Champion Racing Turkey Paycheck Race Team from the Turkey Capital of the World Worthington Minnesota!!!!

Glad to see the turkeys get a much deserved forum of their own. Now I'm thinking springtime in Nebraska!

Finally, Home sweet home!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Rick
      People interested in deer still have time to contribute ideas and feedback about possible deer management topics that will shape Minnesota’s first-ever deer management plan, according to the Department of Natural Resources. Possible deer plan topics and an online comment form can be found on the deer plan page. Comments also can be submitted by email to DeerPlan.DNR@state.mn.us and people can attend public engagement meetings that will wrap up Thursday, March 2. Online and email comments can be submitted through Sunday, March 5, and people can both comment electronically and attend meetings in person if they wish. The DNR strives to maintain a healthy wild deer population that offers recreational and economic opportunities, while addressing conflicts between deer, people and other natural resources. Habitat management, hunting, research and monitoring are several primary tools used to manage the Minnesota deer population. More information on deer management is on the DNR website on the deer management page. ## Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • Rick
      Ever wonder how pure maple syrup gets from trees to the table? Visitors who come to one of the free programs at Minnesota state parks will find out everything they need to know to make a batch of syrup in their own backyard, using basic tools from around their house. Programs start this weekend at Whitewater State Park (near Winona). Options include a morning program from 10 a.m. to noon or an afternoon program from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 25. Sign up by calling 507-932-3007, ext. 226, or emailing sara.holger@state.mn.us. Additional maple syrup programs will take place at several Minnesota state parks throughout March and early April. For the complete schedule, and more information about how to tap trees and make maple syrup, visit the maple syrup page. Some programs encourage dropping by any time for a demonstration of syrup-making in progress; others offer hands-on instruction with a taste of the finished product. Participants will learn how to identify and tap the right kind of tree as well as how to boil the sap until it is sweet enough to serve on pancakes, waffles or ice cream. Historically, the best time to collect sap has been between mid-March and mid-April, when temperatures are in the high 30s to mid-40s during the day and below freezing at night. It usually takes 30 to 40 gallons of sap from a sugar maple tree to get a gallon of pure maple syrup. The maple syrup programs at Minnesota state parks are free, but vehicle permits are required to enter the parks ($5 for a one-day permit or $25 for a year-round permit). Due to space limitations, some programs also require advance registration. For more information, call the DNR Information Center at info.dnr@state.mn.us or 888-646-6367 or 651-296-6157 (8 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday). Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      Most ice on the lake is still safe for travel. You just need to use a little common sense and stay away from current areas and possibly getting to close to shorelines, especially South facing ones. Could be 6" of water on the ice in some areas all right but I found only about 3" to 4" on the ice on Tuesday. That will run off or refreeze with a couple of cooler nights and we will have very good going for at least a couple more weeks. Cliff
    • Rick
      Minnesota fishing, hunting and trapping licenses for 2016 expire Tuesday, Feb. 28.  Licenses for 2017 are now available wherever hunting and fishing licenses are sold, online  and by telephone at 888-665-4236. All 2017 fishing licenses become effective Wednesday, March 1. New licenses are required for 2016 hunting and fishing seasons that continue past Feb. 28. Customers who purchase online via a smartphone won’t receive a conventional paper license. Instead, they’ll receive a text message or email that serves as proof of a valid fish or game license to state conservation officers. A printed copy of the text or email also can serve as proof of a valid license. License fee dollars support the ongoing work of DNR fish, wildlife and enforcement staff to conserve, enhance and protect our waters, fields and forests. Minnesota State Lottery and Legacy Amendment dollars are not available for the regular costs of doing that work. Learn how the DNR spends license dollars on the License Dollars at Work page. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • Frozenangler
      Thanks for the info jerkbait! We are going to just haul all the way to the Angle and hopefully we can keep the sleds from overheating once we are up there! Good luck to everyone that's out!