Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
seaner

Forest Lake turn over

13 posts in this topic

Anybody chase muskies out here after turn-over? I have been out earlier in the season here without much luck. Do they go deeper or hang out near remaining weeds?

I was out Saturday AM. Had 1 follow 40"+ on a jackpot. Had one 40"+ chase a 4"texas rigged senko up from about 10' while Bass fishing and had a tube bit off in about 3' near a dock. Again a good fish. Water temps were 52-54.

I have been duck hunting on willow point and see muskie fins every once in awhile pass through the decoys. I am waiting for them to take one down someday lol.

Quote:

I have been duck hunting on willow point and see muskie fins every once in awhile pass through the decoys. I am waiting for them to take one down someday lol.

u can hunt on flake????? tho u cant? if so what had u been shootin at?

Matty, You can hunt the old township boundries but there are very limited spots and sometimes the neighbors get a bit pouty. Nice to hear from you, the goose you gave me was awsome. I will have a bit of venison for the lake gatherings this winter. I haven't made it to Mille lacs this fall or I would have called you. I will be out of town tomorrow night through Sunday evening deer hunting in Wisconson. There are about three to four hundred geese that where out in front of the cabin this past weekend over there! I also saw a few mallards and woodies, some goldeneyes and such. Talk to you later, have a great thanksgiving!

Tunrevir~

Quote:

Quote:

u can hunt on flake????? tho u cant? if so what had u been shootin at?

Oh yea you can hunt! 1st lake you can hunt the reeds out off the big mansion on the north end. It is 500 feet from the houses so it is legal.

Willow Point is huntable that is where I usually hunt. We had a good hunting out there this year. I was out there every weekend pretty much. Lots of divers. I even shot a really nice drake mallard that is getting mounted.

Third lake you can hunt the cattail point on the north end as well.

The cops have been called buy neighbors to people hunting willow point but the cops cannot do anything. It was even in the paper. They are following all rules and it is still legal to hunt it. I wish people would understand that.

yea me n buddy went to willow point yesterday saw plenty of birds but none committed only shot 4 common mergie 3 nice drake they r huge! mayb i ll try hunt flake a few more time next season but i m sure its overpressured rite?

Quote:

yea me n buddy went to willow point yesterday saw plenty of birds but none committed only shot 4 common mergie 3 nice drake they r huge! mayb i ll try hunt flake a few more time next season but i m sure its overpressured rite?

Better hope I don't beat you to the spot first next season. I live just a couple blocks down. I am like a thief in the night getting out there.

BTW willow might not be huntable next season as the new resteraunt is a little closer. I don't know how they would measure it but I thought about stepping it out while out ice fishing with the GPS.

Quote:

Quote:

Better hope I don't beat you to the spot first next season. I live just a couple blocks down. I am like a thief in the night getting out there.

BTW willow might not be huntable next season as the new resteraunt is a little closer. I don't know how they would measure it but I thought about stepping it out while out ice fishing with the GPS.

haha maybe better thaqn compete for the spot we can hunt together? haha. i think the resturant r the same distance as the old one just a lil bigger?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

haha maybe better thaqn compete for the spot we can hunt together? haha. i think the resturant r the same distance as the old one just a lil bigger?

Works for me,

BTW for the 3rd year in a row, I am going to try and find some crappie action on flake. I heard 1st lake is the lake for some craps. Anyway to point me matty? crmesserschmidt@hotmail.com if ya want to keep it off the forum. I am not looking for exact spots but a general vacinity.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Works for me,

BTW for the 3rd year in a row, I am going to try and find some crappie action on flake. I heard 1st lake is the lake for some craps. Anyway to point me matty? crmesserschmidt@hotmail.com if ya want to keep it off the forum. I am not looking for exact spots but a general vacinity.

just follow the trail of tobacco juice on flake u will find me grin.gif naw i can help u get some crappies mayb a or 2 slab. my email matty5@tmail.com if u want to get togs i ll keep ur email.

matty were you out by willow point yesterday????

nope wasnt me. i m not ready with ice gears yet. need to get my auger tune up then i m ready, amyb in 2-3 weeks. i dont feel safe with all snows out on lake.