Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mojo06

Oct. 24-26 fishing trip, any tips?

2 posts in this topic

HI, My husband and I are planning a fishing trip to the lake later this week. We are wondering if anyone can give us any tips on what the fish are biting on and what kind of structure they can be found around. We would be fishing walleyes and crappies. We have never fished the lake this late, but want to get up there one more time this year.

Thanks for any help.

HI MOJO,

FISHING COULD BE TOUGH, BUT HERE IS WHAT I WOULD DO. I WOULD FISH WITH LINDY RIGS & LONG LEADERS...TIPPED WITH WHATEVER MINNOWS THE BAIT SHOPS HAVE., SHINNERS IF THEY HAVE THEM. THIS TIME OF THE YEAR, I NORMALY FISH ABOUT 40+ FEET, BUT THIS YEAR, I WOULD LOOK 25 TO 55 FEET. IF YOU WANT TO CATCH ALOT OF FISH, TRY BIRCH POINT., WHEN BOISE HAS THE GATES ALL OPEN, BIRCH POINT IS LOADED WITH FISH, YOU WILL CATCH ALOT OF SMALL FISH, SO IT TAKES SOMETIME TO CATCH A NICE LIMIT. IF ITS WINDY JIGS & ANCHORING IS THE TICKET.

SINCERELY,

FISHMEISTER