Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
1775tiller

Fishing walleyes near Hastings

3 posts in this topic

I need a little help started dating a lady near Hastings who likes to fish and would like to take her out fishing this fall but I haven't really fished the area. I usually fish Mille Lacs all the time but would like to try the river if anyone has any ideas it would be helpful.

Well there's the pool 2 wing dams that some do quite well on. The St. Croix river which is a great place to fish especially in the fall. There are some other fall spots on pool 3 that are small and will take some time to find but real good fall fishing cand be had as well.

The Croix is probably the best to start with, she's runninhg a bit too high right now with all the rain we've had, but I suppose in a week or so it will come back down some, making the traditional fall areas easier to fish. Jigs and minnows and plugs with and without lead core.

Hopefully you two date for a while, it takes a little time to figure it out....but you got one that fishes, that never hurts. grin.gif

Right now Prescott seems to be the hotspot and is easily accessible from the Hastings public launch. From the Public launch it's only about 2 miles down the river. The area just below the railrod crossing on the St. Croix is being heavily fished right now. If you go there on the weekend there will be boats stacked up on each other, during the week there is a little less traffic. Jigs and minnows are what many of the people are using. From there you can also access a lot of good fishing on the St. Croix or South of Prescott there are many wing dams that usually produce fish but I have not had good luck there since we got all of this rain. Check out the St. Croix river forum at http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=UBB31 Good luck.